Pricing methods — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pricing methods

pblizpbliz Posts: 122Member ✭✭
Just wondering how everyone is pricing for their clients? Do you quote in sq/ft or hourly rate?

I have a friend of a relative asking for pricing on the following parts:
Dash bezel
Center console
Rad cover
Fuse box cover
Valve covers
door pieces x 2
Window switches x 2

Based on the measurements he gave me it totals just shy of 10sq ft.
*he has been quoted by another company $60 sq ft.

What do you think?

Comments

• SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,184Member ✭✭✭✭
    This topic has came up time and time again on here... use the search bar at the top right and see what you find
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    @Sreynolds yeah I did try that before posting. Used "pricing" "price" didn't find much.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,184Member ✭✭✭✭
    Most I would think charge by the square inch. There is a film price per square inch thread that jim has posted that's helpful also. I would set a minimum , as soon as u fire the lights and compressor ect. up u gotta be making money. I don't even fool with single cups and things that small anymore until I have enough to make it worth while . I mean if u charge someone 30/40 bucks to do a cup and that's all you done that day , what have u made...? But , if u knock ten of them out right quick and use something like @BigBrainGraphics express clear u have made a little money..
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    $600 for all those pieces. Some are primed, base coat, dip and clear? $600 is WAY light for that... If he can get them that cheap... Let him have em.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would need detailed photos before I could quote it. Some parts may have a lot of "negative" curves and may take a few dips to get correct.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,138Member, Moderator El Moderator
    At the "standard" base price of $.50 a square inch, that area comes just shy of $750. No way I'd touch that job for $600.

I've learned that it's better to turn down a job than to feel like you lost money on your time invested in a job.
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I will have to get more details from him and have a look at the parts. I know what ya mean about investing so much time and feel like you lost money. A fair deal for both the client and the business.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    Yea seems a little light to me also...