Custom film at its best — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom film at its best

versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 190Member ✭✭✭
Allen @studebaker  Here is a sample of what your film turned out.

Side note..I officially hate cups right now!
When I get paid I will like them again...

Comments

• DarkHollowDarkHollow Posts: 75Member ✭✭
    Nice!!!!!
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    "When you get paid..."? :o You did all of that without collecting first? Not me. In our graphics shop, we get paid up front for every job and we STILL have shelves of products that never got picked up. There's no way we'd take on a job like that without getting paid up front.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,971Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @NotSoFast That's awesome. I guess I'm too trusting. LOL
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 190Member ✭✭✭
    Pay when you pick up or within 30 days or so if it's a good customer... I like them to see the finished product, make sure they are satisfied, then pay. Just the way I have always been. Trust your customer and they trust you even more. Yeah I know there are dirty people out there that try to take advantage of everyone, but I try to trust MOST people. Karma man, what goes around comes around!

It probably helps that we are not in a big city, getting tons of walk ins. Word of mouth and work with other businesses.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,971Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I'm the same. I do request 50% down usually for custom work. Most of what we do is production. For those I just have a "Due Upon Receipt" statement on the invoices. One company wanted to do 90 day terms... Definitely not.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,859Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can definitely see why you would be really tired of dipping cups! And that's just a picture of one batch.... Thank you for posting the picture, I hope it shows the dipper community the fundraising potentials at the local high school...

Kudos on such an excellent job!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,437Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect anybody to pay fully up front. A deposit yes. Pay on pick up nothing would leave without being paid in full
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 348Member ✭✭✭
    Pay at pick up you doubt pay you don't pick up
    I think it's a little different dealing with larger companies who agree to terms. With a custom/personal project, sure. Don't let the item leave until paid. But I just finished up a $3000 order of knives that are shipping to Hawaii, and shipped them the same day I emailed the invoice. Doesn't bother me. They'll have the knives well before I get paid. I'm sure it'll bite me in the **badword** eventually, but for now it has worked out. This is the second year they've come to me and they are shipping them halfway around the world, so I must be doing something right :lol: