Flexible hose at compressor? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flexible hose at compressor?

flipdipflipdip Posts: 45Member
I was looking at the shop air piping layout and it's showing a flexible hose between the compressor and main line.What type of flexible hose do I need ? Thanks

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,948Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I went to a local rubber hose supply company and had one made. 1" diameter with a male on one end and a swivel female on the other for ease of connection. They call it a snubber hose I believe, and it's to isolate the compressor vibrations.
  • flipdipflipdip Posts: 45Member
    Thanks,I could only find 1/2 snubber hose online. Unless there is something else I could use I guess I'll just do without. I don't know of any hose companies anywhere close to me.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,475Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    I got mine from online.
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,682Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @flipdip you can have a hydraulic hose made the size you need
    @smedlin where did you find them online? @Dallen where can I get one made?
    How long should the hose be?
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,572Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can use a hydrologic line ive seen tractor supply sell them and you dont need more then a couple feet just to isolate the compressor from the ridgid mounted air lines. Most larger compressor are 3/4 to 1 inch fittings 
    Ok thanks looch.I'll check tractor supply. 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,867Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Use bigger than the line size, you don't want to choke the flow right out of the compressor. If it is a 3/4" port, us a 1" line.
    Well I found the hydraulic hoses online at tractor supply but the largest diameter I seen was 3/4 .I was going to run a 1 inch main line the length of the shop.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,948Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    flipdip said:

Well I found the hydraulic hoses online at tractor supply but the largest diameter I seen was 3/4 .I was going to run a 1 inch main line the length of the shop.

Call around to local shops. We have a place called "Summer's Rubber" here in Mansfield that can make it any length and diameter you want. They may be able to ship to you. But I would first ask some other manufacturing shops where they got their stuff. Has to be someplace within reason. Custom tubing, custom hydraulics, or something like that.
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,682Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @flipdip any tractor dealer could make you one
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,782Administrator El Jefe
    edited September 2017
    Home Depot...stainless water heater hose...been using them for 11 years... $9.97 at Home Depot...done...

Home Depot...stainless water heater hose...been using them for 11 years... $9.97 at Home Depot...done...

Not a bad idea! Just didn't realize they were rated for that high of pressure.
    Thanks Jim! That's what I'm going to go with.
  • midnight_dippermidnight_dipper Posts: 51Member ✭✭
    "

Not a bad idea! Just didn't realize they were rated for that high of pressure.
    They are rated at 125psi maximum continuous pressure and 180psi maximum impulse pressure.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,782Administrator El Jefe
    Huh...well ours runs a constant 140 psi so I think we are good...