Tips for this item

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,333Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Tips and Techniques
Was hoping some of you guys could give me some advice/tips on dipping this baby. Is it doable in one dip? I'm thinking the bottom left corner first or the left side and slowly from there....

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    straight in and you get what you get...
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,333Member ✭✭✭✭

So you're saying these are a pain in the rump?? lol

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    IceMaster said:

So you're saying these are a pain in the rump?? lol

He's saying that because of the shape, you will have stretching and possible voids no matter what you do. Straight in will make the stretching evenly distributed so at least it's symmetrical and doesn't draw your eye to it. And that's the best it's going to get.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,381Member ✭✭✭✭
    That thing is going to have voids everywhere , let the customer know in advance.......
    So got this intake completed along with the valve covers and an air breather cover. Really happy with the results and I'm sure the customer will be as well. I did inform him ahead of time of possible issues with the intake and he was fine with it.

• chuubabachuubaba Posts: 110Member ✭✭
    @IceMaster Please share what method you adopted for this part
    @chuubaba - I just went straight down like K2concepts said. There are spots in the bottom section that didn't get film and believe me, I tried to get it there. So I just airbrushed some black/silver in them areas to shadow it in because you can't really see those areas once it's on the car anyway
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceMaster said:

@chuubaba - I just went straight down like K2concepts said.