Problem with lid project — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with lid project

ForsiForsi Posts: 210Member ✭✭✭
I am having a challenge with one little area on these lids I am doing and have tried a few things to figure it out, but still keep getting the same results. Hoping perhaps someone has done a similar item and can shed some light.

If you see in the pics there are a couple of little "dots" that I consistently get with each lid. One of the reference pics shows the entire item, then a close-up of the challenge area, and the final pic shows the approximate angle I am entering the water and dipping at. The challenge area/miss occurs at the end of the lid that enters the water last; at the very end of the dip.

I have tried taping off the edges in case the film was running away from the item at the last end, but that didn't make a lot of sense as to why the rest of that end is dipping fine; the problem is just in that little recessed area of the lip and the misses are in about the same spot each time. I have also tried dipping the lids fairly quick and also quite slow thinking it may be something to do with the speed it is entering the water, but the results have remained the same.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Film - TWN
Activator - Hydrovator
Water - 92 degrees F
Soak - 90 seconds

Comments

• TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 231Member ✭✭✭
    Easy one. Trapped air. Increase your angle. Or even go in at a compound angle. You are going in to flat. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    I dunno about increasing the angle...the problem is the film itself is a brushed aluminum and it will start to "curve" and look bad...I would just touch it up and call it good myself...
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 204Member ✭✭✭
    Why not just paint it silver, scuff the base and then put a candy silver on it and then clear it... That will give you the exact look and save you a lot of time.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,189Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Do like Jim said. You can't beat physics. Trapped air is trapped air. Unless you want to drill a hole where the very last spot enters the water to let the air out, what you have is the best you are going to get.
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 210Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!