Aerosol primer, base coat and clear — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerosol primer, base coat and clear

I know the more experienced guys won't but does anyone use aerosol cans I've tried with spray cans that are all purpose and not bad results has anyone else used them while just getting started

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    I use on small items. Some aerosol cans are crap but i think it does the job
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,079Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The aerosols distributed by the forum sponsors (One hair Wonder, Low country, Big brain, and I'm not sure who else has Aerosols) are all proven to work with this process. I would avoid aerosol activator at all costs if it all possible.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,161Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Store-bought aerosols do not work consistently with hydrographics. Some, even from the same brand and type, vary from can to can in their dip window. Some are up at about 20 minutes, some as low as 5 or less. Some are not compatible with dipping at all. Do yourself a favor and get paint (and other materials/tools for that matter) that is made for this process. The last thing any of us, especially new dippers needs is to wonder what is making the dips go poorly. Remove the biggest potential problem before it starts. Use good paint.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,679Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our aerosols are filled at our facility with genuine OHW paint - a great starting point if you're new
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @dswilko They are the more experienced guys, because they are still in business, the guys that don't step up usually go away. If you must use an aerosol, get one made for this process, if not, why bother?