Giving Hydro dipping a go ?

jaggjonesjaggjones Posts: 7Member
Hay guys new to this all i looking for a cheap way to try it and see what its like doing my self but dont know what i need and where to get it from i work on railway and thought I'd try it on a piece of equipment I use my horn nothing too much for a pattern something with skulls on it but dont know what sprays i need can anyone help me like i say its only a cheap experiment I want to try and after that may do more ?

Any advice or help would be appreciated thank you 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Honestly, there are kits on the internet that you can get, but the results are always a shot in the dark. If you just want something done, hire someone. This process is NOWHERE as easy as it looks on YouTube, and it isn't cheap just to "try it out". Not trying to kill your dreams, just giving you the facts so you don't waste money.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,021Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you do buy a kit, from a forum sponsor start on something small and inexpensive to get the hang of it first.
  • jaggjonesjaggjones Posts: 7Member
    If it messed its only some work **badword** will get new lol just like to try things like this my self but looks like i will have to get kit £50 for the lot whats the spray called they us ?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    edited July 2017
    Got sheet and activator for £20 not a lot at all really for just having a go now just to have a play with it what would people suggest for doing that round horn put it in as they do on the videos or is there any other technique like roll it for something round like that horn ? 
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Look up videos of people rolling Yeti tumblers. The technique would be similar with the seam along the line between the loops on the bottom of the horn.
    That video was good thanks notsofast had a go to day first attempt are them tryed to do my horn but the black on black did not work so will try it with a gold or something but yer was good fun to have a go and the more you play a round with it would be a lot easier but will have to see
    The hardest part is trying to stop the sheet from any air bubbels and marks and stop it creasing 
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,381Member ✭✭✭✭
    gently blow the bubbles out from under the film..

gently pull the creases apart as the film hydrates..

looks like you are pretty underactivated..
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    jaggjones said:

That video was good thanks notsofast had a go to day first attempt are them tryed to do my horn but the black on black did not work so will try it with a gold or something but yer was good fun to have a go and the more you play a round with it would be a lot easier but will have to see

Well of course black film on a black part isn't going to show up. The more contrast between the paint and film, the better the pattern will show up. You can get some subtle images using black/transparent films over a charcoal gray, but black on black just ends up being black.
    Just did not think lol it had white skulls so thought they would show up but looking at the carbon fibre and hoping that dose 
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 541Member ✭✭✭
    The skulls look white because it was on a white base