Any pickup truck owner here? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any pickup truck owner here?

Whiskeyjack91Whiskeyjack91 Posts: 11Member
I would like to purchase a retractable tonneau cover for my 2011 Ford Ranger XLT. What brand should I go for?

Comments

• cadetgusvcadetgusv Posts: 46Member
    I have a backflip revolver2 its flush to the bed and has aluminum slats that roll up and give you full bed use when you need and and rolls down the track locking each slat in place individually when the bed is not in use giving you a secure bed as long as your tail gate locks. It's not impenetrable however no one is going to cut it with a knife it would take quite a bit of work to get into it when its locked to the track and the tail gate is locked. Another cool thing is it can support "so they say" 400lbs I have had my kids walk on it I haven't had the guts to do it myself it does seem like it would bend and I would be pissed to have to replace it

https://bakflip.com/shop-bak/bak-revolver-x2-tonneau-cover.html?gclid=CKOPn62zqdUCFUpYDQodEgQKVQ
  • cadetgusvcadetgusv Posts: 46Member
    One more thing its water tight to the tailgate. a small amount of water will get in where the end of the cover meets the tailgate. I could probably fix it with some weather stripping but its not an issue for me I keep anything that needs to be dry a few feet in and it stays perfectly dry through storms
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    cadetgusv said:

I have a backflip revolver2 its flush to the bed and has aluminum slats that roll up and give you full bed use when you need and and rolls down the track locking each slat in place individually when the bed is not in use giving you a secure bed as long as your tail gate locks. It's not impenetrable however no one is going to cut it with a knife it would take quite a bit of work to get into it when its locked to the track and the tail gate is locked. Another cool thing is it can support "so they say" 400lbs I have had my kids walk on it I haven't had the guts to do it myself it does seem like it would bend and I would be pissed to have to replace it

https://bakflip.com/shop-bak/bak-revolver-x2-tonneau-cover.html?gclid=CKOPn62zqdUCFUpYDQodEgQKVQ

Their claim of supporting 400 pounds may only be if the weight is spread evenly like a stack of plywood and not necessarily all concentrated on one person't foot if it's being walked on.