Bags and Front Faring — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bags and Front Faring

JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,088Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in Motorsports
Hi

Just wanted to share this with you all, has this ever happened to you?

So I just finished doing the bags and lids in Skulls n Roses pattern and the front faring in Hear no Evil pattern for the same bike, Finished them off in a nice gloss (just like in the picture) and now he has brought them back to my as well as the tank, front and rear guards, 2 side panels and rear guard lower piece to be done in the same patterns so it flows through the bike.
BUT
Like I said he brought back the bags and front faring as he has changed his mind and wants them done in a Matte finish.......Looks like he has lots of money so that will be all good hahahaha

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,465Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its gonna look guaddy in my opinion to much of the same pattern talk him into some stripes or something to break it all up then charge him more lol
  • PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 536Member ✭✭✭
    matte? pfff that's easy money for you, nothing like a high dollar job that doesn't require all that polish work.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,673Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    ALWAYS give the customer what he wants, but @looch is right, try to sell him on stripes, airbrushing, or anything else you can figure out. If he doesn't like what he asked you for... he will bring it back next year for a do-over...
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,088Member ✭✭✭
    He did say that if he doesn't like the matte finish he will bring them back for me to shoot some gloss.....AGAIN lol
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,190Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy said:

He did say that if he doesn't like the matte finish he will bring them back for me to shoot some gloss.....AGAIN lol

Could you shoot gloss over matt? scuff it and spray? would that work?

(asking cause I don't know)
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,140Member, Moderator El Moderator
    smedlin said:

Jeremy said:

Could you shoot gloss over matt? scuff it and spray? would that work?

(asking cause I don't know)
    Yes.