pricing — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pricing

BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 178Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in K2 Business Forums
jim i saved ur excel sheet of breaking down prices of the film im just tryin to figure out how to price out the paint and materials also i dont want to over charge any buddy but i dont want to under charge and lose money either i try to be fair and reasonable to.my customers but this is a business and i need to make money also im knew to this business and im just starting to get my feet wet if anyone could help me out that would be great thank you!

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most guys do .50 cents a square inch for regular clear or flat then if candy ,flake or show gloss add 25%
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 178Member ✭✭
    ok thanks @looch
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,188Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Always have a minimum price, too. Mine is $50 per order. I'm not dipping one light switch cover for your kid's room for $.50 a square inch.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes set your minimum amout to touch anything mines $45 to turn the tank on lol
    yea i agree it cost more money juat in electricity and stuff then that on lil product 
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 938Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

yea i agree it cost more money juat in electricity and stuff then that on lil product 

Keep records of how long it takes you to run through the process, time wise, watch, and measure the ounces of base, activator, clear etc. establish what you want to make for your time invested. Not everyone works at the same rate, or speed. Use the .50 as a guide, but track what you do and keep good records, and over time you'll know what you need to charge.

thanks i think over the next 30 to 60 days im going to really watch that stuff closly and decide whats worth my time and whats not sometimes there variables tho if someone has a small project at first but may have alot of work to come has im making this transition into a company im realizing all.the small stuff we seem to over look before we make our choices 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    I did a complete Excel spreadsheet in the Business Ninja's section...I'll be damned if I am going to just give it to any hater that stops by this site...and they do all the time...
    ok sounds good