Looking to hire full time help!

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
One of my guys is parting ways and moving to Florida, so I'm looking to hire a replacement. Position is full time and we are currently working four 10-hour days Mon-Thurs. When production increases, we go to five 10's, so you get good over time without weekends. We are a very relaxed, fun, and easy-going shop, but my guys will not let you slack. We gear our business toward the outdoor industry and stay away from most automotive work. We work directly with firearm manufacturers and other outdoor equipment OEM's using Realtree and Mossy Oak brand camouflage patterns. Experience in painting, hydrographics and Cerakote would be a plus, but not necessary.

You can check out our website at www.midohiohydro.com and email me from there, or email direct at [email protected] for further information! Thanks!

Comments

• SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,380Member ✭✭✭✭
    Any way I could work from home @MidOhioHydrographics .......... like in AL lol !!!!!!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    For you guys that want to do this for a living, there is NO better way to learn then in a production environment, and Joe has a great set up. He also is a great guy to work with, If you are considering this, I would jump at it. This position won't last long.
  • willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
    Knowing the cost of hiring a new employee and training them that would make me cringe, whose to say you wouldn't be training a future competitor
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,380Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think hes to worried about any competition @willie14228 lol.......
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Knowing the cost of hiring a new employee and training them that would make me cringe, whose to say you wouldn't be training a future competitor

Its always a concern, but that would be true for any company. I would actually encourage anyone, including my employees, to go into business for themselves.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunately that is part of business, and a chance you take.
    The fields are different but in the transportation industry it costs an estimated $8000 to hire a driver with one year or more exp from orientation to seating to first three month monitoring.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Luckily I have more "simple" jobs in the shop that wouldn't kill someone like driving a truck would. We start them blowing parts dry or even dipping since it's 90% automated. Then on to painting everything for a week. After a couple days of people waiting on parts? They get the hang of it quick. :lol: Painting is easier since you can see where it goes. AP and Clear is more shooting blind. The painting allows them to get a part path committed to muscle memory. Our hydro shop is less of a "custom" ordeal and more just doing the same processes on the same parts over and over and over and over. Diagnosing problems early and correcting them before there are 100 parts dipped? THAT is what is difficult to teach.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,729Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam dont tell my wife she fell in love with it out there while we were at the remote training 
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,729Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @willie14228 ive been driving a truck for over 25 years now aint never herd of such a high number per driver. Drug test physical and background checks aint but a grand
    Insurance, training, bus fair, motel, PPE , Matteress, driver assigned  consumables, payroll set up, and special or one on one training,

Yeah new employees are expensive. Hell employees in general are very expensive.
    edited July 2017
    And it's been four years since I planned my last new hire session so I most likely missed something what I did not miss is the number trust me I've seen our VP of operations go through the roof more than once for drop outs and rejected drivers. It is easy to miss @looch but when you consider the man hours involved in getting the driver in that truck and all of the other back office expense that the driver or owner op doesn't even see you would be amazed at the expense.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

You just sign a non-compete with a timeframe and distance mutually agreed on
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Unless you work for the government, then every employee is a potential competitor.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    I'll leave south Africa any time to join @MidOhioHydrographics lol
    Position filled! Time to schedule another Ohio Remote :-D
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

Position filled! Time to schedule another Ohio Remote :-D

@K2Concepts Travis is actually moving to Florida. I know @CuttingEdge is down there. You know of anyone else that may be looking for a skilled and professionally trained employee? Hate to see Travis' skills go to waste.
    I will text Mike and see if he knows of anyone...
    @MidOhioHydrographics Where in Florida is he moving?...
    Belleview to start. He has family there, but is willing to move if a job opens up.
  • CoastalCustomsCoastalCustoms Posts: 13Member
    Where is he moving to in Florida?

Belleview to start. He has family there, but is willing to move if a job opens up.