K2 Forums Big 3M Announcement

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

Comments

• mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Looks great.   Got a question.   As for the spray bottle.   Are you using acetone for water born paint clean up?           ( aqulac) I have been using OHW since the beginning and starting to branch out a little with water born stuff.   The hot water just doesn't seem to get the gun clean enough.   Thanks man.   Great stuff.   
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 946Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts .....now that is an idea.....K2 bug sprayers...get yours today!
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited June 2017

Looks great.   Got a question.   As for the spray bottle.   Are you using acetone for water born paint clean up?           ( aqulac) I have been using OHW since the beginning and starting to branch out a little with water born stuff.   The hot water just doesn't seem to get the gun clean enough.   Thanks man.   Great stuff.   

@mielkewaygraphics

Wash with hot water first to get all the wet stuff out. For the dried stuff, yeah we use cheap gun wash/solvent thinner or acetone. There is also some water based cleaner that works very well that we are testing. I'll post up results. Can actually use it to strip coatings and clean 2k clear also, and much, much safer than acetone or other thinners.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Also wanted to let guys and gals know that the ANI Mini 0.8 is incredible for Cerakote. My Cerakote guy has grown to love them over the LPH-80, which thoroughly surprised us because we are huge Iwata fans. But if you're using the ANI Mini 0.8 for Cerakote, they do not recommend using a plastic cup. Cerakote can eat the plastic and make the coating not perform as well (according to NIC). The good thing is, you can find metal cups for the Sata Minijet and they fit the ANI Mini guns. I had my local shop order me two for about $45 each.
  • LiquidDreamsLiquidDreams Posts: 250Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited July 2017
    @MidOhioHydrographics I totally agree about the ANI .8 for cerakote. I have two and haven't used my LPH-80 since I got them. Tell your cerakote guy to use the 3oz or mini PPS cups for cerakote. Even though NIC doesn't recommend it I have been using them (after mixing) for 3 years and haven't had haven't had one item come back or had any issues at all. 
    Post edited by LiquidDreams on
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

@mielkewaygraphics

Wash with hot water first to get all the wet stuff out. For the dried stuff, yeah we use cheap gun wash/solvent thinner or acetone. There is also some water based cleaner that works very well that we are testing. I'll post up results. Can actually use it to strip coatings and clean 2k clear also, and much, much safer than acetone or other thinners.
    @mielkewaygraphics What he just said...we use a high pressure garden nozzle attached directly to our sink faucet and we wash the guns out with that first and THEN use acetone or compliant gun wash to get what sticks to the gun insides...but with a high pressure nozzle? Not much is left.

@MidOhioHydrographics Yea post up the results...you know I am a sucker for water based products...
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    As always...thanks guys.