I've been talking to a guy with a 8x4x3 stainless — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've been talking to a guy with a 8x4x3 stainless

willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
I would have to have the electrical checked out and done safer, it has a pump and two heating elements guy is asking $1000 for it but we are talking about doing some trading do you think it would be worth a 1000 
Post edited by willie14228 on

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks like a good start! Needs some cleaning up, but it will give you a nice foundation to make a decent tank.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,162Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That looks like galvanized to me, not stainless (although it could be) but there does seem to be a steel piece of angle iron welded inside as well.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,188Member, Moderator El Moderator

That looks like galvanized to me, not stainless (although it could be) but there does seem to be a steel piece of angle iron welded inside as well.

Exactly. It's galvanized, not stainless. The two walls closest to the camera is welded to rusty black iron angles. Not going to do that with stainless.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,581Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can also see the white soot on the corner seams that galv leaves behind
  • willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I told him it wasn't worth what he is asking 
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 204Member ✭✭✭
    Walk away from that deal, maybe worth $200 at the most.