Some R/C Trials — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some R/C Trials

willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
edited June 19 in Motorsports

I know the shell is a speed body, but its dipped from the inside wanted plenty of practice before actually doing it on a R/C Shell itself. Middle of this week I will be ordering some mirrored graphics so I can get better results
Going to have to redip the wheels, the canned clear coat is beating me up hit it a little too hard on my red sample wheel and it ate into the dip same as my flame pattern

Comments

• willie14228willie14228 Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭

Trying to work with the reverse layers is killing me 
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,022Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looking good
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 171Member ✭✭
    so dipping the rc body from the inside does work i had some ask me about this and i wasnt sure how it would turn out
    @BEMOTORSPORTS it will work for single layer prints, any multiple layer prints will need to be mirrored so that they look right.
    The flaming skulls are a single layer, that flame pattern is a two layer and when dipped inside the body the silver flames are hidden
    ok so how or were do u get the mirrored films or how do u mirror them 
    @studebaker I just ordered some from his company, any company that does custom prints can mirror the image it will cost a little more and may not offer some of the same films available on the market
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,068Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Also, besides the color thing, if the print has text in it, that will be backwards, too.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,626Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    True about the text needing to not be mirrored @NotSoFast And the Chinese patterns that have a white backing on their prints won't work on the inside of R/C bodies either.
    thanks everyone! ik my one buddy wanted it dipped from the inside now i can give him an answer but deff. think its sum em i should play with before i actualy do it for him 
    ok now i know this may be a wierd or rookie question lol how do you lay the base coat color down do u dip then put ur base coat behind it kinda like dipping  backwards?
    hey srry guys i found the answer i was looking for on a another thread guess i shluld have searched a lil harder for my question 
    Yes reverse your steps, 
    If this is going on a gas or nitro make sure to cover your base with a nitro resistant paint to keep it from wrinkling up on you, stuff can be almost as bad as brake fluid.
    Make sure to do your window film and other areas first and tape off 
    alright thanks i aint got the pivalge to attempt this yet. Deff. excited to see how it will turn out for me any ideas were i can get some cheap bodies to practice on 
    Tower hobby would be a good start, 
    You might also talk to your local hobby store, see if they have any bodies that has been damaged in shipping 
    ok def. will do that theres a big market out here my way for rcs 
    edited July 25
    checked out ur sugestion. I found a 1/18th scale rally car 10 bucks order a few to practice on. Again thank you!! will post results of the bodies 
  • got_itgot_it Posts: 13Member
    @studebaker What makes you think the chinese paper backed films wont work on the inside of car bodies?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,529Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @got_it Not paper backed, white backed. There are some prints that have white ink printed over the back of the film as a "base" to make the colors retain their and integrity and be more bold.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,626Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for pointing that out @MidOhioHydrographics You are correct, I did say white ink backed, not paper backed. The paper backed custom printed film is the way to go, because the graphics can be printed non-mirrored for applying to the inside of the clear bodies.