Double dipping or 50/50 dipping — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double dipping or 50/50 dipping

Should I wait over night to let the graphics all dry out before I mask off on the fresh film, I just tried and it peeled off some film off of my jetski Hood :angry: so tomorrow I get to air brush it back to life again. I'm guessing I just rushed it. I dipped half of it rinsed it blew it dry than tried to dip the other side but I checked to make sure I didn't screw up the whole thing I only masked a small area to make sure it would be alright and it failed. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Mrbakaysa29Mrbakaysa29 Posts: 64Member ✭✭
    I always wait at least a half day before doing the other half of a dip.   Also use as low Tack tape as you can.   Or just take Painters tape and put a little water on the back to kill some of the Tack.   
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,947Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Use Glad Press N Seal. Works great
  • SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    Thanks @MidOhioHydrographics I'll give that a try. I used to run the tape across your pant legs and that would kill off some of the tackyness too.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,464Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

I used to run the tape across your pant legs and that would kill off some of the tackyness too.

This
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 170Member ✭✭

I tried this, only issue is it leaves that checker pattern of glue residue on print. What do you use to get that off? Warm soapy water removed but took awhile.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 943Member ✭✭✭
    Frog Tape makes a low tack yellow colored tape. It's still tacky, but if you got that, then stuck it to your shirt first, it should be good. The Glad press and seal works good too, I have use it.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,947Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    pbliz said:

I tried this, only issue is it leaves that checker pattern of glue residue on print. What do you use to get that off? Warm soapy water removed but took awhile.
    Hmmm... never experienced this. We typically use low tack tape for the lines then use the press & seal for the large areas.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,767Administrator El Jefe

pbliz said:

Hmmm... never experienced this. We typically use low tack tape for the lines then use the press & seal for the large areas.
    Us neither...sounds like maybe they left it on too long or let it dry after rinsing...THEN yes it will leave a residue...