In need of some advice — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of some advice

im starting out in hydro dipping and powder coating yetis and I just wanted some advice and help on what to do to prep and where to go after that. Like what to do as a base coat? Can I powder coat then hydro dip? If so what do I do in between? Can someone please help and offer some insight for me. Thank you!

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,105Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @jman_4 welcome to the forum! First, there is a ton of info on here! Read as much as you can. All your prep and base coat questions have been answered many times over. In short, on a Stainless substrate you can use an etch primer, scuff very with a scotch brite/sandpaper, or Blast. We prefer to blast it and paint direct with Aqualac water based paint. Some powder coat will work as a base but I would recommend starting with a paint designed for this process and get the activation dialed in before you start testing methods using powder coat. Eliminate as many variables as possible when starting, then experiment once you have the process down.

It's a difficult process, and training helps immensely. I highly recommend it.
  • jman_4jman_4 Posts: 4Member
    @MidOhioHydrographics Thank you so much! I will look around the forum some more and consider doing some training
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 676Member ✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 11,642Administrator El Jefe
    Welcome to the forum....your questions are all in the search bar...ad naseum...
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,444Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,614Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum