Printers I may have a source for fresh artwork that is not copied or pilfered from others — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Printers I may have a source for fresh artwork that is not copied or pilfered from others

willie14228willie14228 Posts: 228Member ✭✭✭
My niece is an incredible artist her only medium is ink and paper, although she did try to get into tattooing where she was taken advantage of and some of her art was stolen from what was supposed to have been her mentor.
I spoke to @K2Concepts and he said it was okay to post this, and of course I've tagged you before tagging anyone else so if there is an issue you can let me know
Thank you again for letting me do this

She is over 18 but has a social phobia and expresses herself in her art. I say this because I want to explain why I am being the go between I do not want her being taken advantage of again. ( Not saying anyone here would just a precaution) The Profile picture that you see for me was done in a few days by her from my description of what I was looking for. She has never done artwork for film printing but if you see some of her other work I am sure you can see that it wouldn't be that difficult for her to turn it into seamless integrations.

Please do not be offended by me adding copy right notice to these sample pictures everyone one of you folks (members) are artist yourselves so I hope you can understand why I am trying to protect her work and her.

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 11,642Administrator El Jefe
    Looks like she has talent...nice work!...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,105Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Awesome!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 676Member ✭✭✭
    Those look slick. I am a big fan of ppl who can see a vision and put it to paper!!
  • willie14228willie14228 Posts: 228Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 15
    Thank You again, One more to show what she can do in color
    It was funny when she did the boar for me, she rags on me for shooting pigs but I explained how these things are so destructive in my area and it was part of my business to help farmers deal with the issue, she once commented that I was shooting those poor defenseless pigs so I had showed her some vids of these big boars and how mean they can be... When I asked her to draw my business logo I told her I wanted an image a hunter would be pissing down his legs if he saw it in his crosshairs.
    four days later she texted me that pic.
    If I saw that beast in my crosshairs it would NOT be piss running down my legs
    @studebaker Brother you were great in our talk earlier today, here is some of the artwork that I was telling you about, You were telling me that the artwork would need to be done in such a way that it can come together on film, I noticed on some of your actual single primary focus artwork like say the barns in a field or like examples the primary focus was oriented to the right of the frame instead of the center, I am going to assume that is so that an object like a cup when roll dipped will allow for a the primary focus to be oriented on two sides of the cup is that correct?
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,445Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @willie14228 The custom printer community can indeed print any image on hydrographic film, including the single images you are referring to. But, you will need to market the images, because they may not have a large market audience to make it viable for the investment required to amortize the outlay. Ideally, you should buy a print from one of the many sponsors on the forum and apply it to a few yeti cups and throw it on Facebook or Etsy to see if it's a viable market area for her images.

PS, Fantastic artwork, send her my congratulations!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,117Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Nice work. I feel bad for kids with this kind of talent, there isn't alot of opportunities for them to use it. Although everyone would agree that those designs look great, most are going to default to a repetitive pattern for simplicity's sake.
    I will do so @Studebaker, I can get Calcutta tumblers and chests through my supplier for half of what I can get yeti, @WileECoyote @studebaker can you give me some advice on the repetitive pattern venue she might work on. I mean when you start looking around everybody has camo, everyone has flame (although hidden image fire less so). So if you guys was to set a blank white square in front of her would it be a one foot square or three, what kind of subject would make a fresh pattern that you would like to see? Don't get me wrong I am not trying to tie anyone down on some kind of deal or anything just asking for some direction.
    Her Roses are freaking awesome and her skulls has some serous depth to them.

These pictures are not even half of what she sent me and what she sent me isn't even a drop in the bucket of what she has done. I just did not want to abuse @K2Concepts kindness in allowing me to post this, A lot of her art was surrounding the tattoo world. so done in a single frame concept and she did not have to worry about "white space" and what base color would fill it. I do not know enough about film art to coach her on these kind of things
    so any advice would be greatly welcome. It is extremely difficult on her to work in loud or crowded places and so right now she is out of work. I would love to engage her mind on a project
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,445Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply make the artwork fit an 8x8 square with a white (monocolor) background. The reason for an 8x8 square is so that the artwork will fit in a scanner!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,117Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What she is drawing is very personal. As in a tattoo, how many people would want the same image as they know someone else has? She can either exist in the world of people who want a specific image of their choosing (that they commission her to create) that don't want to pay to have it painted on their product. Or she can create designs that lend themselves to more universal appeal (essentially "dumbing down" what she is creating, and selling that artwork to a film manufacturer to be made in larger quantities. Either way, I believe her art will have to be digitized and "repaired" so that it can be manipulated. So the mediums that she is using are not conducive to the process. Obviously the more of that process that she learns to do on her own, the more money she stands to make. But in all honesty, right now, these are just concepts to anyone who has the ability to market them.

Like I said, I feel bad for kids with this kind of talent (I know at least 20 people that can turn out great looking pictures like this) but this is essentially a hobby for her until she can get to an art school and start learning how to apply this talent to something. Problem is, that people with this talent tend to be introverts... Honestly tattoo work may be her best outlet for her creativity, but she needs to be smarter about it. Sounds like she learned a lesson the hard way, I suspect she won't allow that to happen again. Instead of writing it off, she needs to get back to it. Isn't that how we all learned?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 11,642Administrator El Jefe
    Yes...all the above...but regardless of which way she chooses? In order to use a medium like a film? She is going to have to get it into a Hi Resolution or "Vector Image" so you need some kind of art program or even download "Gimp", which is essentially a free version of "PhotoShop"...and then export the files to an ".ai" type of file for use on film...
    edited June 15
    I have gimp just haven't worked with it very much, these are just pictures she texted to me. I am supposed to be heading that direction soon so I will make some scans.
    In Texas she is required to apprentice with a registered tattoo artist for a certain amount of time before she can get her own license, Her artwork that she had done is focused and personalized so I can get where you are coming from. I think I will focus on the fury eyes and the wolf/tiger lady pictures and see if I can scale them for travel mugs
    Thanks again
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 81Member ✭✭
    @willie14228 , you should tell her to start airbrushing as well as drawing. Then base the cup, have her do her thing directly on the cup, sign it, clear it and try to sell them as art that way. If she is good and reasonably fast she could still flip a profit(just charge more because they are one offs). Sometimes bringing art into production doesn't always work. Just my 2 cents!