Custom film — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom film

hi guys. 

I turned this hobby of mine into business and it's going quite well. 

Im getting heaps of requests for cunstom film tho, is there someone that i can go to to get this done? Suppliers here want me to order ridiculous mtrs of film that will never get used again if it's a custom job 

and or, what's the best set up to run to print ur own film 

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,188Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Do a search for printing your own film. Many posts about it. It seems like with tens of thousands of dollars and a year or so perfecting it, you can print your own film, too.

On the other hand, there are several members that have already done the leg work for you. @studebaker @mountain_mike and @liquidconcepts are some of the few that have proven to do it successfully.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah for single, one-off type jobs or short runs? Better off to just get some printed for you by someone who has perfected it.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,942Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with shipping custom film to the land down under is that it takes forever and cost an arm and a leg....

Buy a pigment printer locally and become the Custom film printer in your country. The recommended printers are listed at the bottom of this page. http://www.fractalcamo.com/blank-film.html
  • baconbacon Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    Interesting.. @studebaker how much film will an 11oz can of fixative cover?
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,942Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bacon I really don't know how much an eleven oz can of fixative covers.... I would guesstimate about 30) 8.5 x 11 sheets.

When we are testing fixatives the count of sheets isn't foremost in our thinking. We are more interested in results, and it's never occurred to us to count the number of sheets used per can. I can say only a very light coat is all that is necessary, but most folks are inclined to use more because they are used to rattle can paint and want to "paint" the film instead of just fixing the ink. So, your results may vary.
  • DippenDaveDippenDave Posts: 26Member
    Has anybody used fractal camo prints
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,320Member ✭✭✭✭
    @DippenDave - yup, I've used them on some Harley parts and it works great. Just have to keep in mind when activating it, stop activating when it looks like sand sitting on the film and then let it sit for about 30 seconds so the activator can work
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,581Member ✭✭✭✭
    @DippenDave I've also used lots of fractal films. I prolly have 30 to 40 different rolls and they have all worked great. Their is a learning curve to using custom film if you have never used it.
    I run 90 degree water , 60 soak , 15 to 30 sec dwell with superbrew and works great
    ok guys tks
  • gardnerdddgardnerddd Posts: 220Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @DippenDave We print custom film as well, we have an understanding with Studebaker and we can print Fractal Camo's designs as well.
    Looking to finish this job. Jumping walley Fractal Camo doesn't carry it anymore
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @DippenDave Fractal Camo should be able to print whatever you want... it’s all
    Print to order digitally.
    Ok I called somebody today after hours and he told me they dont carry it nothing about printing some up. He also was distracted with his kid in the background. I will call back Monday tks for input