VINYL based pre-cat lacquer/primer help PLEASE!!!! — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VINYL based pre-cat lacquer/primer help PLEASE!!!!

doing a favor for someone and realized ... when I picked the finish up from them ... I've yet to see this stuff, spray this stuff, nor do I personally know anyone who had used this crap. Yes, I feel this vinyl based finish is junk. Nonetheless, I have less than a day to refinish a kitchens worth of cabinets... that have already been installed (fml)
can I purchase a regular reducer from a residential hardware store or use lacquer thinner to reduce this thick sludge so I am not spitting orange peeled vinyl pre-cat crap??!!

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 2,818Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Sorry. I've never heard of the stuff. Maybe post a pic of the can to help us help you?

Is this a hydrographics-specific question? Because I notice this is your first post and it's not about dipping and that's what this forum is about.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,108Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah sorry to say, but I have rarely heard of vinyl lacquer and barely anyone on here does cabinet refinishing unless they're trying to dip them. Is there an SDS or TDS for the product? That should tell you all the information needed (how to spray, reducer to use, reducer ratio, flash time between coats, cure times, etc.). ALWAYS get the SDS and TDS for a product you're using.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,445Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Text me the tds and I'll help you out

305-318-1468

JJ
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,445Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at least the label