Tried something new (to me anyway)

bogiebogie Posts: 59Member ✭✭

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bogie looks really good. I like it
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Great look to it, good job
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,021Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it! That's a good way to save a bad dip....
  • bogiebogie Posts: 59Member ✭✭
    You're right @studebaker, honestly I didn't think of that till you mentioned it. might save me some time. Thats a powder coat white base, dipped the top, powder coat clear, put the vinyl on, powder coat matte black, removed vinyl.
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    bogie said:

You're right @studebaker, honestly I didn't think of that till you mentioned it. might save me some time. Thats a powder coat white base, dipped the top, powder coat clear, put the vinyl on, powder coat matte black, removed vinyl.

Did you dip directly to powder? How did you do that? Did you let the powder fully flow out and cure or pull the part out early? Looks great. I've thought about dipping directly to powder on other items but never been able to pull it off.
  • bogiebogie Posts: 59Member ✭✭
    @mielkewaygraphics I fully cured it, then hit it with a green scotchbrite pad. rinsed it with water, dried and dipped. Powder coat clear over the pattern, full cure on the clear. Vinyl decal, powder black, let it start to flow, remove decal, finish the cure.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 948Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, looks good