Flame Treating

13»

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    @TrayersSlayers Yes Marc told me the same thing BUT...it came with the provision that it would not be as fast as flame treating...

NOW that being said? That is not taking into account the activator that we need in our process...THAT is the wild card...

I KNOW paint guys can make PAINT stick...what about our process?...Whole different animal...
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    I tried that stuff from Marc also. I can't remember the name it like $100 buck a gal. Same results passes original adhesion test but put it in the sun and it will fail. I run a lot of HDPE plastic parts a month I have tried everything that I came across in a cold environment they work in the heat they fail. Experimentation with me over I flame all olefin family plastics. I have said this before somewhere contact the Chemist at these paint companies and ask if their products will work on HDPE they will all say no. There is even a company that advertises their product something magic cant recall the name but they say it is for painting ATV's they have a step by step on their website. Don't mention ATV ask them if it compatable with HDPE they told me no..
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If you watch this video, it’s going to be hard to get much faster than this. We have a potential account that may involve some decent sized HDPE panels. If we do even one run, I’m buying one of these guns.
    https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/BL_636/Ripack-Heat-Gun?keywords=heat+gun

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Brent has one of those things...scares the crap out of me every time I try to use it...lol...
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they’re around $800, but worth it if you’re doing a lot of hdpe
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one. LOVE it.

and yea, it was expensive.
13»