Ffl holder insurance — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ffl holder insurance

ImmortalImmortal Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭
Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will cover you with an ffl?  State Farm had no issues with hydrodipping but said no because apparently even dipping a gun stock is a no go.  

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Check through the NRA. They have insurance for gunsmiths and such.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭
    Or do most of you just not tell them about the gun portion?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would Make sure you're covered. They know about the gun portion, but also know I don't allow any assembled firearms on the premises. They come to me completely disassembled and are returned the same.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,184Member ✭✭✭✭
    For god sake don't leave the gun portion out !!!!!!!! U want to be covered completely !!!

We are a FFL and are insured through the NRA. Great insurance and a great organization.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 841Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, NRA insurance, which is Lockton Affinity. I have their firearms instructor insurance.
    Something to think about... I know for sure of a gun company being put out of business because of a drop fire that killed someone. The law suit was almost $4 million. Most of these policies cover $1 million liability. I would recommend that you do not disassemble, reassemble, do trigger work, or coat any internals on firearms. If you do? Make sure you're VERY covered. You can't drop test for SAAMI specs and return the gun in decent condition. So even if the problem was pre-existing? You were the last person to mess with the gun and guess where the sh*t will stick when the lawyers start slinging?
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭
     I never planned to leave them out, I was just curious what others were doing, not many people were responding on this one. 
    Immortal said:

I never planned to leave them out, I was just curious what others were doing, not many people were responding on this one. 

Many people are doing it without coverage, unfortunately.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,142Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine many ppl are doing it without an ffl also. I'm sure there are plenty that will do whole guns and haven't even thought about getting the ffl
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 724Member ✭✭✭
    @DeviousDips, boy I hope not...that would be way stupid....you get caught doing a business taking in firearms with out having your FFL, you might spend some time in jail or a hefty fine.... plus it's a felony..so kiss your right to legally own a gun away.. don't mess around with the Feds and firearms
    @Libertyman I don't do it but I'm sure there are plenty that do. To be honest I wouldnt of even knew you needed an ffl to dip a full gun if i wouldn't of joined this forum. 
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 724Member ✭✭✭
    Ya it's like going to school... ya always will learn something every time you log on, that's for sure
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 172Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @DeviousDips i would have never known either so u guys are saying to even dip just a stock. If its already broken down you need and ffl?? say that is fully the case can a felon even dip a stock becuase ik in pa a felon cant get a ffl? 
    @BEMOTORSPORTS it's serial numbered parts you can't decorate without an ffl. You could do a stock or handgrips. So just look for a serial number
  • BEMOTORSPORTSBEMOTORSPORTS Posts: 172Member ✭✭
    thanks! i did not know that! @DeviousDips
    @BEMOTORSPORTS, Correct. Taking possession or modification of a serial numbered part requires an FFL. And remember that it's not just in PA. These are FEDERAL laws. FFL is Federal Firearms License. PA, OH, MN, MT, doesn't matter. Same rules and application processes apply for all FFL holders.