Spray booth manufacturers, buying a booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spray booth manufacturers, buying a booth

fisherman302fisherman302 Posts: 87Member
Hey guys wondering what manufacturers you went with, if getting the white powdercoat option is worth it and how you ended up liking it. I'm going to get a motorcycle booth with filtered doors have any of you found this too small? I don't deal with super high production by the way. So far I have looked at merchant 1 manufacturing, spray zone, and colemet. Im leaning towards merchant 1, I couldn't seem to get spray zone to send me anything, and I had trouble understanding the sales people on the phone they seemed pretty foreign. One other thing I find the comes up when ordering is advnace control panel, and basic. What's the difference? Thanks guys 

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    You shouldn't need to pay for white powder coat. Just spray the inside with booth coat. It's already white. Lots cheaper that way.
  • fisherman302fisherman302 Posts: 87Member
    Cool thanks never heard of boothcoat do you apply it with a spray gun or roller 
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,437Member ✭✭✭✭
    @fisherman302 either or. Shoot it roll it brush it. Very nice after 4 or 5 coats peals right back off and back to new. @MidOhioHydrographics and @WileECoyote did a demonstration of it at the Ohio Remote 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,877Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Hell, you can finger paint it on if you want. It's available from Prime Coatings in Pewaukee Wisconsin. All I have used was Binks or Global Finishing Solutions booths. But a booth is more how you install it, think ahead and seal it up well.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    But don't use a silicone sealant!
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,578Member ✭✭✭✭
    When comaring price make sure its the same thing your getting. One will come with the fan and control panel and one may not plus some are ridiculous with shipping price 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,969Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yes, make sure they come with a control panel. Mine is a GFS booth (Global Finishing Solutions) and it's great. I believe Jim's is from SprayZone but not positive.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,796Administrator El Jefe
    Mine is from Spray Zone and yes he is horrible to understand...if you know someone who speaks Spanish? It will help immensely...