Spray guns — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spray guns

HavinagoHavinago Posts: 10Member
Hi,
Im aquiring tools and equipment at this stage while building tank and paint booth so I have purchased two air gunsa 1.3 guns but I need more.
So my main projects will be rifle stocks some advice on the best guns suited for this work,

Activator
Primer
Base coats
Clears
Touch ups.
I would like seperate guns for each job Im only doing this as a hobby and maybe a bit on the side at some stage Im a buy once cry once kind of bloke so Im not afraid of buying good equipment if funds allow.

Cheers Trev.

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Havinago for activator go with the Devilbiss GPI. The others are gonna be your preference. Some ppl love iwata lph 400 or supernova. Sata jet ppl love the sata's. It all depends on what u wanna spend. 
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,139Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Agreed. Get the GPi Jim sells for your activator. EASILY the best gun for that job.
  • HavinagoHavinago Posts: 10Member
    Thats my dilemma so much to choose from makes it hard I dont think I need the best for my circumstances but I dont want to buy crap gear.
    So GPI for activator would you recommendd 1.8 or 1.3 for this purpose taking consideration that I will mainly be doing rifle stocks.

Cheers Trev.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,464Member ✭✭✭✭
    I like the ani mini guns and full size but the gpi for activator until i get the pressure pot system bigbrain graphics is working on 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Devilbiss GPI is the best HVLP gun for the job hands down.

There is also a new system from Big Brain that is the best I've seen. It's pricey, but absolutely amazing. No gun setup. Hook the pressure pot to 60psi and go. No overspray.

http://gobigbrain.com/equipment/brain-pot-activator-system/

Devilbiss GPI is the best HVLP gun for the job hands down.

There is also a new system from Big Brain that is the best I've seen. It's pricey, but absolutely amazing. No gun setup. Hook the pressure pot to 60psi and go. No overspray.

http://gobigbrain.com/equipment/brain-pot-activator-system/

Seen those the other day looks exactly like our home brew kegs with more valves and gauges I will go the GPI for activator and use the two gunsas for primer and paint so would the ani 150 mini be okay for clear on rifle stocks or would you suggest something different.

Cheers Trev.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I showed a Mini clearing a rifle stock with "soft touch" in Ohio with a 1.0. It was MORE than enough for that size product. I may have had to make an extra pass, but if you don't see savings on overspray, and you need them turned out faster than that... you are a better man than me.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,465Administrator El Jefe
    edited May 2017
    looch said:

I like the ani mini guns and full size but the gpi for activator until i get the pressure pot system bigbrain graphics is working on 

@looch Actually if you have the GPi already? Just crank the pressure down to around 4 or 5 lbs and you will accomplish the same thing...zero overspray and no cloud...we tried it out in Ohio but some guys didn't get to see that...crazy GPi is one heck of a gun...
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,184Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,464Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh thanks @K2Concepts you just saved me $1800
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah, seriously, those things atomize like crazy with almost NO air.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭✭
    I love the GPI. That gun changed my whole outlook on dipping. Started with aerosol and million bad hits of coarse. Bought cheap gun from ebay same results. Then got the Air Gunsa and alot better results but still not as consistent as I wanted to be. Then finally got the GPI and normally now it's not an activation problem at all it will be my techniques.  Trapping air in spots or whatever I just know it's mostly on my end now. 

I showed a Mini clearing a rifle stock with "soft touch" in Ohio with a 1.0. It was MORE than enough for that size product. I may have had to make an extra pass, but if you don't see savings on overspray, and you need them turned out faster than that... you are a better man than me.

Sounds good to me.

Cheers Trev.