Tahoe interior — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tahoe interior

ForsiForsi Posts: 210Member ✭✭✭
Completed pictures of a Tahoe interior makeover. We used a "biscuit" base coat under the wood grain to compliment the light beige interior color and used the darker grains of the wood to compliment the black interior trim pieces/dash. We also pulled the ceiling vents and ceiling light holders so they would match the rest of the interior trim.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Solid! Looks very nice.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    Classy...I like it...
  • racertexracertex Posts: 179Member ✭✭✭
    Looks awesome
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,706Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very tasteful!!!
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,320Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work!!
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,007Member ✭✭✭
    Very nice!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,583Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic 
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,741Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done!
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 204Member ✭✭✭
    One of the better wood interiors I've seen. Great Job!
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 210Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind feedback everyone!
  • 4dogs2luv4dogs2luv Posts: 1Member
    can you purchase a kit like this? thanks

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 141Member ✭✭✭
    I wondered how long a customer is without their vehicle? Assuming you start the day it's dropped off, would it be more than a couple weeks? Mostly waiting for the clear to cure?
    Disassembly,  part prep , paint, dip, clear, cure, reassemble...
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 327Member ✭✭✭
    Nice work.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Spinner said:

I wondered how long a customer is without their vehicle? Assuming you start the day it's dropped off, would it be more than a couple weeks? Mostly waiting for the clear to cure?
    Disassembly,  part prep , paint, dip, clear, cure, reassemble...

I quote 3-4 weeks on a shotgun. Lol! They’re much happier when it’s done early than if it’s late. Don’t overestimate how fast you can get something done. It never works out. Ask me how I know?
    @4dogs2luv not that I am aware of. We did this one custom for the customer and matched the base coat to the tan in the interior. I am not aware of any prefab kits readily available.
    @Spinner in this case the customer purchased a set of spare interior trim panels and dropped them off and we did them. Once the film arrived we had everything done in 4-5 days. We have done several other full interior projects where the customer did not have spare trim parts and we took out their trim pieces and did the work. In most cases we tell the customer 1-2 weeks if we have the film in stock and if not and we are ordering film and/or paint for their project we tell them 3-4 weeks, but strive to deliver in about 2 weeks and make them even happier. It all depends on the production schedule at the time the order comes in, how much prep work is required, and availability of their pattern/paint.
  • SpinnerSpinner Posts: 141Member ✭✭✭
    Tha ks, @Forsi

I would think an extra trim kit would be the best way to go. Additionally, at time of resale the new owner would have the option of going back to original.
    Plus the cost of the kit should be cheaper than a rental car for three or four weeks.
  • DarkHollowDarkHollow Posts: 84Member ✭✭
    NICE!!