The "Ghost Seam" — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ghost Seam"

corey1616corey1616 Posts: 71Member
Can someone explain to me what people are calling the "Ghost Seam"?

And how they are doing it just cant grasp the concept of it...

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I can't seem to find the thread where the video is, but essentially it is some sort of interference near the edge of the object that when being dipped, purposely stretches the film to the point where it fails. (a wire next to the print, or some tape on the edge) This makes the film thin enough that it eventually stretches and fails, and when you hit the otherside of the object and cover that stretched area, the two sides blend together with no clearly defined line. It appears that both halves of the pattern flow together and blend nicely.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Annnnnd typing "ghost" in to the search bar gets us this....

http://k2forums.com/discussion/comment/111118#Comment_111118

Watch the video
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,203Member ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the guy post some handguns that he supposedly did this with but I find it funny that he never does show the side of the gun that would have the seam. See here, he has them laying on the table but never shows the side of the gun that was face down. Something there he doesn't want to be seen?

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @IceMaster The seam is along the bottom and backstrap of the gun. He's showing exactly where they are. Not sure what you'd expect on the other side? It's just a half and half dip.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,203Member ✭✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics - oh okay, I get it now. On Facebook some guys made it sound like the seam ends up hidden on the one side because of the way he tapes it. That's why I thought it was on the side that he doesn't show. Always wondered why he referred to it as a ghost seam and it makes sense now.