ANI Mini Gun Just Came In the Mail

SpinnerSpinner Posts: 167Member ✭✭✭
The ANI came in the mail today! Didn't waste any time unpacking it and trying it out. This was my first time shooting clear from anything other than an aerosol can.

First product was GBB Dead Flat. Then I used OHW Gloss on the glow in the dark parts.

BTW, Dead Flat means DEAD FLAT! LOL

It was so nice to get a consistent spray pattern and pressure for the entire run of parts. I got pretty good at laying down a coat of clear from the can, and was a little nervous about learning all the adjustments on a spray gun. But once I go it dialed in according to Jim's excellent instruction sheet, all went great!

I used a digital kitchen scale to weight out the mix ratio. Does anyone else do it this way?

Parts are curing now and we'll see what the morning brings...

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 167Member ✭✭✭
    BTW,
    The other little mini gun you see on the hook is a .8 tip gun from Jason at OHW. I used it to paint all the parts, including the glow paint, and it did a great job, too.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,651Member ✭✭✭✭
    @spinner I also use a digital food scale to weigh my clear. Works great. Parts look very nice
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,651Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just got my ANI mini at training today and pretty pumped to try it out
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    Just got mine a week or so ago and haven't had a chance to try it yet. Been waiting on my BB express gloss to get here and UPS wont leave it without a signature and they come while I'm at work! Ugh!
  • SpinnerSpinner Posts: 167Member ✭✭✭
    That would kill me to have to wait like that! Lol
    Can they send it to your work? Our sevice counter is open pretty late here for after hours pickup.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review!
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Remember if you're weighing small amounts of clear the ratios are also dependent on the weight of the coating. The hardener may weight different than the clear, and this can throw your ratios off. The ratios given are for volumetric measurements.
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 214Member ✭✭✭
    Remember there are mixing cups with all different mix ratios on them in all different sizes, they are pretty cheap and easily reuseable.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,333Member ✭✭✭✭

Just got mine a week or so ago and haven't had a chance to try it yet. Been waiting on my BB express gloss to get here and UPS wont leave it without a signature and they come while I'm at work! Ugh!

Here where I live, you can give the UPS driver permission to sign for you and leave the package at your door. They also told me that if I leave a note on the door telling them to leave it at side door and then sign the note that that also works. Not sure if they allow that where you are
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,258Member, Moderator El Moderator

Remember if you're weighing small amounts of clear the ratios are also dependent on the weight of the coating. The hardener may weight different than the clear, and this can throw your ratios off. The ratios given are for volumetric measurements.

This...

If the clear (or paint if mixing that) is heavier per fluid ounce than the hardener or vice versa, then you mixture will be incorrect if you are going by weight. Get some mixing cups or PPS cups for your gun and make sure you are mixing by volume, not weight.
  • Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    IceMaster said:

Here where I live, you can give the UPS driver permission to sign for you and leave the package at your door. They also told me that if I leave a note on the door telling them to leave it at side door and then sign the note that that also works. Not sure if they allow that where you are
    They cant do that here. I even called BigBrains customer service and they called UPS and told them they could leave it and they wouldn't based on the initial request for a signature.
    And because it's a hazardous material they don't bring it in through the local UPS station, it comes from a station that is an Hours drive from me.
    In the end BigBrain just said they would send out another package and waive the signature requirement but it still had to go ground which has added another week to my wait.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,342Administrator El Jefe
    Like...
  • 2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 38Member
    Do you still have ANI mini's in stock Jim @K2Concepts?

@2RHydrographics yes we do...but we sell out every week so the sooner you order the better...
  • 2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 38Member
    Put in the order earlier today. And you have the Ani regulators in too?
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭
    The ANI regulators are the best I have found as of yet.

Put in the order earlier today. And you have the Ani regulators in too?

@2RHydrographics Those will not be at my supplier until Friday so we are out of them until Next Monday or Tuesday...