Transtar Waterborne DTM 9494 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transtar Waterborne DTM 9494

TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 229Member ✭✭✭
Used this for the first time and I'm very impressed with it. Used it under a Nason clear binder with a fluorescent tint in it. Held the Nason to the skull wonderfully.  After i did a double dip and put homicide over it. It pealed like a bad sunburn. DON'T USE IM THROWING IT IN THE GARBAGE!
Post edited by TrayersSlayers on

Comments

• TrayersSlayersTrayersSlayers Posts: 229Member ✭✭✭
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @TrayersSlayers might want to do some crosshatch testing on some speedshapes just to be sure.
    Yeah bud that is a good idea. I do know some of our European dipping counterparts use it. 
    edited May 2017
    @WileECoyote . You dont have to mix. Thats time, time is money. Me im never satisfied I always have to try new products experiment with new things. Learn new ways. And i dont have a issue showing others if it worked or not. If it didnt work it still expands my knowledge and understanding. And if i show and tell, others may have had good or bad experience doing the same. I haven't been active on K2 for awile. Joe strassell actually reminded me yinz are still here. Lol
    Post edited by TrayersSlayers on
    @WileECoyote ok just tried to post a video of duct tape test on the primer stuck to a speed shape. It held strong with no pull up. Stinks I cant post a video here.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Put it on YouTube​ and just paste the link in the thread. It does the work for you.
    edited May 2017
    @WileECoyote
    NEVER MIND DON'T EVER USE IT! MY IT JUST PEALED LIKE A BAD SUNBURN! AFTER I DID A DOUBLE DIP! **badword** ME RUNNING SIDEWAYS!
    ....and we are back to the forum sponsors... Carry on.
    edited May 2017
    @WileECoyote yup back to the trusty aqualac for me my friend.
    After going and blasting everything off in the cabinet. I found that there was still oils in the skull. Refer to the pic, the transparency of the bone above the teeth. Degreased it, hit it with epoxy primer, nason binder with sem fluorescent green concentrate in it. Dipped twice and everything held. 
    Did you do a crosshatch test? Again, just because it's not peeling off in sheets doesn't mean it is sticking. And I would never trust something I heard from "a guy on the internet" without one. Especially if it already failed me once. 
    I use epoxy primer all the time no failures. Really good stuff. My friend