3 cup roller — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 cup roller

DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 580Member ✭✭✭

My 3 cup rolling jig. It could be 3 of the same or 3 different patterns at once. What a time saver

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,326Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job 
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,392Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    My god! That's fantastic! Straight seams and very little stretch.... Amazing. Good job.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,056Member ✭✭✭
    That's cool!!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 580Member ✭✭✭
    The nice thing about this is I have different holding fixtures so I can do 3 cups, jars, small vases, and pistols. It took awhile to design it for the different heads to work but I'm happy with it so far
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 706Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Thought about selling them?
    Yeah if i get the interest for them I'm gonna put together a kit just to see what they would be
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 7,979Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited May 15
    I have a few questions that may help you streamline the design and make it more production friendly. I design and build fixtures for new large production runs A few times a year. These are all things I take into consideration.

Does the entire fixture then go into the rinser? Or are you removing the cups?
    If you're removing the cups, does the plug stay with the cups or the fixture?
    And do they have a quick-connect system that won't start to rust from the water and chemicals?
    Edit: I also forgot durability. Make sure the parts last enough to run thousands of parts. Rebuild on the fixtures can cut into your profits quickly.

Finally, Remember to time yourself. A production dipper could easily be dipping two of those cups every 3 minutes or so. Make sure it's actually saving time or increasing consistency enough that it's worth it.
    @MidOhioHydrographics I use the system from paint to rinse. Everything is made from alum or stainless so no rust and haven't did a big time study yet but if i had 12 different patterns and only 4 times to wash over instead of 12 I would be saving time there for sure
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 7,979Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Sounds awesome! Remember you can put more than one pattern on the tank at a time hand dipping also.
  • 2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 37Member
    Check it out Jimmy. @2Rhydrotoo

• 2Rhydrotoo2Rhydrotoo Posts: 39Member
    Nice

• PanamaCityHydroPanamaCityHydro Posts: 497Member ✭✭✭
    cool. like it. might you have shortened the shafts, and added a sliding divider so as to use less material?
    @PanamaCityHydro yeah that was the test run to decide what all I could get away with to make it efficient 
  • richcrafterrichcrafter Posts: 1Member
    That is very cool. Would be interested in something like that for sure.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 238Member ✭✭✭
    That's excellent! Great Job! I am trying to phase out cups but I would still be interested if you decide to sell them.
  • ORMDOGORMDOG Posts: 8Member
    just saw your rolling jig, curios do you sell them, i would be interested in one, even to roll one at a time, awesome @DeviousDips
    Yep I do have a one cup jig. Give me a min and I'll post @ORMDOG
    Heres the 1 cup
    Thanks