new company — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new company

HomeTownHydroHomeTownHydro Posts: 90Member, Business Ninja
Hometown Hydrographics LLC
225-209-4228
hg70454@yahoo.com
19275 Sisters Rd
Ponchatoula, La 70454
On Facebook
Hydro dipping, powder coating and etching
Dipping for 4.5 yrs but have own company for 4 months.
Stainless steel tank 4'x6'x3'
usually buy my film from TWN and a few others

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Welcome!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,854Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Put some of your work up here for others to see, and I will add you to our vendors list.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,842Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! And thank you for having the foresight to put ALL your information in your introduction! That shows forethought and great advertising.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,402Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,565Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum 
  • HomeTownHydroHomeTownHydro Posts: 90Member, Business Ninja
    Thanks
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 761Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,677Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forum
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,753Administrator El Jefe
    Hello and welcome to the forum...
    This is one shot gun I just finished
    It came out really nice and the print is awesome.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Not bad! But as some constructive criticism, That stock in the second pic would need redone. Has some bad hesitation lines (the lines that go vertical as pictured up around the grip). As the name implies, They're caused by hesitating as you dipped, causing start/stop marks. It's pretty common.
    Holy hesitation lines Batman...better start working on your technique...
    I dipped it by rolling from one side to the other. Was that right? Thanks for the constructive criticism also.
    jpmreno said:

I dipped it by rolling from one side to the other. Was that right? Thanks for the constructive criticism also.

Yes, rolling is a great way to dip. You just need to be more smooth and fluid while doing it to avoid the lines.

What should I charge to do a golf cart? I don't want to charge my self out of a job. But I want to make some cash also. Thanks
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,402Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks good besides the hesitation lines. But the hesitation lines are very noticeable. Be smoother and got a great hit

What should I charge to do a golf cart? I don't want to charge my self out of a job. But I want to make some cash also. Thanks

We do them for $5000 each...all day long...
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,663Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

@HomeTownHydro That is easy to do. I just replied to your PM, but I'll post the response here Lao for benefit of the forum. He asked what I charged for the Pink Camo golf cart I did a while back... and if $450 would do it. This was my response:

"Not even touching it. I actually did that as a favor. The guy is a family friend that built and programmed the control box for my automated systems. If I had to do it again? A simple camo and Matte clear job, with no strips or accents, would be around $1500. That gloss Pink Camo job you see in the post/pics would have been $3000+ easy. Lots of steps to make that happen. As a comparison for you, call a local custom paint shop and tell them you have a golf cart body and want the dings repaired, then painted and show-quality Gloss clear and see what they quote you. Then realize that in addition to a paint job, there are 6 separate dips on that thing, with added masking and paint for the racing stripes and masking for the other charcoal color areas."

And obviously I could still be low considering Jim's last post.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,854Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Man, golf carts are NOT easy. I am going to offer a little more constructive criticism... Get a few more dips under your belt before you take that project on.