Exhaust tip — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exhaust tip

WormHydrodipperWormHydrodipper Posts: 12Member
hey guys, a customer wants their exhaust tip dipped is there anything extra or different paints or clear to keep the dip looking good on something that gets that hot????

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,673Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    OHW is spec'd to 400° I believe. Most exhausts doesn't get hot enough at the tip to damage the paint, but the prints vary drastically. Best advice is try it and see.
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 283Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @WormHydrodipper ive done them with water based paint dipped in gold carbon fiber with regular clear coat. i saw them the other day and they looked fine were going to strip and redo in another pattern but you should be fine.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,475Administrator El Jefe
    Never had a problem as long as the map was good...
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,190Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    i would have thought the tips would get to hot.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,140Member, Moderator El Moderator
    smedlin said:

i would have thought the tips would get to hot.

Most paints are good up to 400 degrees. The tips are bolt on and are not in constant cull contact with the rest of the pipe. Plus they get plenty of air flow being exposed and not way under the vehicle.
  • WormHydrodipperWormHydrodipper Posts: 12Member
    its most likely going to be moonshine freedom so would that be good still??
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,475Administrator El Jefe

its most likely going to be moonshine freedom so would that be good still??

Print does not matter...it's the paint and the degrees that the tip gets that matters...with a good map? You should get nowhere near 400 degrees...
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,465Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the exhaust tip gets that hot you will have more to worry about then the paint coming off
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 849Member ✭✭✭
    Even catalytic converters when working right only run about 300-350 degrees. The tips will get nowhere that hot.