OHW reducer? Or try to duplicate color mix? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OHW reducer? Or try to duplicate color mix?

2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 38Member
@onehitwonder, I have a stock I have to match up and I had 1/4 pint left over of color mixed ohw but it wasn't sealed tight enough. Is there a specific reducer you recommend to thin it or should I just try to color match my mix again?

Comments

• 2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 38Member
    The paint was mixed up 2 weeks ago also.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 841Member ✭✭✭
    Usually, you can use any good automotive urethane reducer for solvent based paints, but I'm sure jason will be in here soon.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,615Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old formula was, but the 2.0 is a different blend. Acetone, urethane reducer, or lacquer thinner will work just fine
  • 2RHydrographics2RHydrographics Posts: 38Member
    Cool thanks, I just mixed up a new batch to match this time but thats good to know for next. I have DuPont Nason and acetone, just didn't want to chance having a bad basecoat.

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Ok, I deleted my comment as to no confuse anyone. Thanks for clarifying, Jason! Going to miss you at the training this year. Wish you could make it!
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,615Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too - maybe we'll ha e you down sometime
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

Me too - maybe we'll ha e you down sometime

I wish we would've had time to get over when we were down in Columbus, GA. It was just a very quick trip and we didn't have much time for any extracurriculars