What would happen if

irishpete86c4irishpete86c4 Posts: 142Member ✭✭✭
you added Vinyl Acetate Vinyl Alcohol Polymer to paint? Maybe help adhesion or totally ruin the paint?

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,207Member, Moderator El Moderator
    A clue on exactly what that is might help. :s
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,259Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Would depend on the paint. No idea. I know NanoChem uses a vinyl base coat.

Someone like Jason from @onehitwonder or Trevor @WileECoyote or Brandon @LCHP may be able to expand on this.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I know the guys in the lab experiment with alot of different additives. They have stuff that they add to the paint that makes it stick like crazy to plastic, but it makes the paint cost more than someone wants to pay for it. Its a very delicate balance that they play with, between affordability, complexity, and the cost associated with shipping it.

Start adding too much solvent to the paint and you lose the ability to ship it nonhazardous. The polypro primer that we used was amazing stuff, and you could spray it REAL thin and reap the benefits of it. So shipping one quart of that is more cost effective.

But everything is worth a shot, i would say try it if you think you are on to something. Keep in mind, we tested EVERYTHING over and over to make sure something wasn't negatively effected, and documentation till you can't see straight.