What spray guns you prefer — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What spray guns you prefer

DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,413Member ✭✭✭✭
I see with the posts it seems as if everyone is in agreement the GPI is top notch for the activator. I already asked the question to Jim so would like to ask it to everyone , what is your go to gun for clear and paint?  Not adding well for this price this one is better. Just if money was no issue what would you grab!!

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,413Member ✭✭✭✭
    Me personally right now I use the ANI 1.3 for clear and OHW LVLP 1.4 for paint. I am new to this so haven't used much. 
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 943Member ✭✭✭
    ANI R150 mini gun in 1.2mm for small stuff. But the best clear gun I own, and would buy again over them all is the Devilbiss Tekna Pro Lite. It's amazing for clear!
  • hr_performancehr_performance Posts: 50Member
    I agree with @norcalfrank Tekna Pro Lite is the best gun ive ever used.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,571Member ✭✭✭✭
    I like the ani as well and have the tekna copper for clear
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,413Member ✭✭✭✭
    This may be a dumb question but what is the difference in the colors of the caps. I've seen it with alot of the high end guns that they will have several different colors. 
  • AlanAlan Posts: 192Member ✭✭✭

ANI R150 mini gun in 1.2mm for small stuff. But the best clear gun I own, and would buy again over them all is the Devilbiss Tekna Pro Lite. It's amazing for clear!

I have two Tekna Pro-Lite guns, one for base coat and the other for clear ... they're amazing guns! I also have an ANI mini gun with a 0.8 tip, I haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on it.

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator

This may be a dumb question but what is the difference in the colors of the caps. I've seen it with alot of the high end guns that they will have several different colors. 

Possibly to easily differentiate between two different sized tips in otherwise identical guns. Red for clear, green for base coat, etc. Not sure, though as I am not a painter.
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 189Member ✭✭✭
    Color is to easily tell what gun is for what product.
    Supernovas for sure!
    LS400 entech for base 1.3
    WS400 evo for clear 1.4

I have had a lot of other guns, pretty hard to beat the Pininfarina design
  • t_ozt_oz Posts: 100Member ✭✭
    I like the ANI 1.2 thus far. JIM @K2Concepts, do you stock the little white seal for the needle cap? Mine keeps coming out past the threads when I pull it out to clean it. Finally broke pushing on it.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,763Administrator El Jefe
    t_oz said:

I like the ANI 1.2 thus far. JIM @K2Concepts, do you stock the little white seal for the needle cap? Mine keeps coming out past the threads when I pull it out to clean it. Finally broke pushing on it.

@t_oz Yes we have the seals...I just got them yesterday...You may need to send me your tip as they have a little tool that comes with the kit to help replace the seals and I only have 1 tool...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

I only have 1 tool...

You are making this too easy... Getting old Urbano
    Wow...yea I am slipping...
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,219Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 of mine are broke now............. hasn't seemed to effect anything far as I can tell
    Sreynolds said:

2 of mine are broke now............. hasn't seemed to effect anything far as I can tell

What the hell are you doing to them??????????????????????????????????