Video: How Do Facebook Ads Work? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video: How Do Facebook Ads Work?

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,767Administrator El Jefe

Facebook’s advertising features can help your small business reach new customers on a flexible budget. Here’s how it works.

Facebook Ads are customized posts you pay to promote to certain audiences on Facebook. Facebook Ads have a few basic components: a title, an image, some ad copy and a call to action.

To set up your first Facebeook Ad, you’ll need to start by designing the content. Write a title and the copy, pick an image and decide on your call to action. The call to action is very important, because it encourages your customers to take the next step, such as calling your business or clicking through to your website.

Once you’ve designed your ad, Facebook will let you decide who should see it. This is one of the best things about digital advertising. You can pick your target audience based on all kinds of factors, including age and location.

Last, you’ll need to set your budget. You can start as a low as $5 or go much higher. It all depends on how large of an audience you want to reach and how long you want the ad to run.

It’s generally better to start small with your budget to test out how well your ads are performing. Then, once you find your winning ad, you can increase your budget to make sure it’s seen by more customers.

Comments

• norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 943Member ✭✭✭
    Anyone here using Facebook ads? I have been thinking of trying it out, but wasn't sure about it.
  • PowderRiverHydroPowderRiverHydro Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    we use them all the time. Last week I posted a pic of two 30oz tumblers in an ad and within 2 days took 13 orders. They were small orders but 10 dimes still makes a dollar!!
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.
  • mountain_mikemountain_mike Posts: 800Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I've had poor luck with them on my camo. I've gotten more reach and response by posting in the right groups related to what im advertising. I have found ppl ignore ads and respond better when they can connect with you on a personal level as an individual instead of viewing you as just a business
    I've tried ads on Facebook just in the for sale sections, with little to no luck. I thought that maybe promoting the ad and letting Facebook put it where it thinks best might work. I may still give it a try, it's pretty cheap.
    @norcalfrank you're better off posting in a group IF the admins will allow it. Myself i aim for groups with lots of members. Lots of members means lots of active ppl. I got 300 comments in about 48 hrs and idk how many likes one time by posting in a group with 67k members. That group now has 130k and i haven't made any new posts but i have planned a charity event with the admin once we are ready to sell our hunting gear. This is a much larger customer base though so don't expect the same outcome from advertising hydrographics but again it seems to be the best method.

@norcalfrank you're better off posting in a group IF the admins will allow it. Myself i aim for groups with lots of members. Lots of members means lots of active ppl. I got 300 comments in about 48 hrs and idk how many likes one time by posting in a group with 67k members. That group now has 130k and i haven't made any new posts but i have planned a charity event with the admin once we are ready to sell our hunting gear. This is a much larger customer base though so don't expect the same outcome from advertising hydrographics but again it seems to be the best method.

I have done just that and not getten much back from it. Maybe I'll try it again.

Its all about the group you post in. For example lets say you dipped a welding mask. Instead of posting in some random group find the most popular welding group on fb. Get permission from the admin and post there. Fb ads won't search out that group and get it there @norcalfrank

Its all about the group you post in. For example lets say you dipped a welding mask. Instead of posting in some random group find the most popular welding group on fb. Get permission from the admin and post there. Fb ads won't search out that group and get it there @norcalfrank

Thanks @mountain_mike