RC Car Paint — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Car Paint

This has very little to do with hydrodipping but thought someone on here may know.

The cans of paint that have been deemed for lexan are very small and very expensive. Does anyone know of another brand?

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I thought just about any solvent based paint would bite to lexan. What are the paints you are referring too?
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,567Member ✭✭✭✭
    Im sure @onehitwonder paint or dtp from @kansashydro would do it 
  • randywhite30randywhite30 Posts: 66Member
    Testos or Pacitera both only come in 3.0oz cans and for $7
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Are you trying to dip to it, or just paint it?
    Both. Candy colors, tricolor paint jobs, kind of all the above. On two bodies I used one can of outlaw black. I would like to know if any one has a different brand that comes in bigger sizes?
    OHW comes in larger sizes and does not require adhesion promoter. DTP needs to be sprayed out of a gun (I believe exclusively currently), and most of the water based paints would work with (or sometimes) without Adhesion promoter. I dont believe there are any water based available in an aerosol, but you can get them and run them through a "Prevale" sprayer for small jobs, which is available at Home Depot, and alot of hardware stores.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,663Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons of customers use our paint for RC cars. In fact @wolfdog0729 just did one at our class last week.
  • wolfdog0729wolfdog0729 Posts: 203Member ✭✭✭
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,663Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came out great, Scott!
    @wolfdog0729 did you dip that nose first or did you go side first?
    edited April 2017
  • rcmantjkrcmantjk Posts: 99Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

This has very little to do with hydrodipping but thought someone on here may know.

The cans of paint that have been deemed for lexan are very small and very expensive. Does anyone know of another brand?

@randywhite30 Hands down the best paint for lexan RC car bodies is Parma paints!!! I'm into RC's also and use this paint exclusively!! Bites VERY good into prepped Lexan!!! Plus, they have any color under the rainbow available!!!!!!!!!! It's waterbased and cleans up easy but once its set and dried it's there for good. Literally eats itself somewhat into the plastic!!!
    Nice Emax by the way!!!! Is it brushed or brushless version????
    The problem with Parma and other RC paints is that they come in such small cans, a 3oz can is $6