Any idea on what's going on here? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any idea on what's going on here?

This is what my tank looks like after just 8 dips. Water was changed 5 days ago and it keeps looking like this. Any ideas on what's happening or is it normal? I'm new to the hydrographic business and it's only been a month for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,465Member ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like foam? Its hard to tell from my phone if it is water level is to low or u have a pump sucking air 
  • hr_performancehr_performance Posts: 50Member
    i would start with adding more water to your tank.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,476Administrator El Jefe
    Yepp...
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,140Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Your pump is either drawing air from somewhere (not enough water in the scavenge side) or your spray bar is out of the water and it's getting the air from there. Or both.
  • CCHD23CCHD23 Posts: 4Member
    Ok I'll try to see if it sucking air. I bought the tank from Eptex, so I'd assume the spray bar isn't too high. But I'll look it over and try to figure it out. Thanks
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,190Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Why is your water line yellow?

Looks like the tank is full of beer!
    That's just the color hose that came with the tank
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,140Member, Moderator El Moderator
    If the tank isn't set up level, then the bar could be too high in relation to the water. It could be going over the waterfall into the scavenge area before it covers the outlet holes in the spray bar. (In theory)

When you remove your filter tray, how deep is the water under there? Is there plenty of depth over the water intake for the pump?

It looks like the pump or the plumbing to the spray bar is getting air from somewhere...perhaps a leak someplace.

edited April 2017
    Yea it was sucking air. Must have lost track of how much water was in the catch tank. It's all good now. Thanks guys!