Thumbhole stock issue with digital camo — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thumbhole stock issue with digital camo

Anybody have experience with dipping thumbhole stocks in digital camo? The only way that I could get a decent dip was to do one side at a time with masking down the middle. I hate having to do that though because it's really time consuming and I have a seam top and bottom.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,157Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Airbrush inside the hole
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,064Administrator El Jefe

Airbrush inside the hole

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,199Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You could roll it. But it's difficult. Half and half is probably your best bet
  • GunsnGuitarsGunsnGuitars Posts: 55Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I thought about rolling it, but with water flushing through the thumb hole I figured it would mess it up. I half and halfed it, but don't like the second side so I'm going to do it again. Maybe I'm picky, but I figure if I see it, the customer will too.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,185Member, Moderator El Moderator

Thank you, I thought about rolling it, but with water flushing through the thumb hole I figured it would mess it up. I half and halfed it, but don't like the second side so I'm going to do it again. Maybe I'm picky, but I figure if I see it, the customer will too.

Not usually, actually. I have a hand painted touch up area on our display ATV that I show to customers several times a week. The spot is about 3"x9" and is right on top of the fender. No one has noticed it yet.
    Here are a couple pictures of the stock that I am going to re-dip. The cheek piece side of the stock is the side that I am not happy with.

You can see blotchiness in all of the colors on this side. I think it's because I only masked the edge of the stock for dipping the first side and some of the slim was splashed onto the base color of this side. I didn't wipe it down with final prep before the dip, and maybe that had something to do with it. I'm open to suggestions.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,199Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Digital camos are a pain. Proper activation and don't let it stretch.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,064Administrator El Jefe

Digital camos are a pain. Proper activation and don't let it stretch.

This...