Thumbhole stock issue with digital camo

Anybody have experience with dipping thumbhole stocks in digital camo? The only way that I could get a decent dip was to do one side at a time with masking down the middle. I hate having to do that though because it's really time consuming and I have a seam top and bottom.

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Airbrush inside the hole
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

Airbrush inside the hole

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You could roll it. But it's difficult. Half and half is probably your best bet
  • GunsnGuitarsGunsnGuitars Posts: 62Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I thought about rolling it, but with water flushing through the thumb hole I figured it would mess it up. I half and halfed it, but don't like the second side so I'm going to do it again. Maybe I'm picky, but I figure if I see it, the customer will too.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator

Thank you, I thought about rolling it, but with water flushing through the thumb hole I figured it would mess it up. I half and halfed it, but don't like the second side so I'm going to do it again. Maybe I'm picky, but I figure if I see it, the customer will too.

Not usually, actually. I have a hand painted touch up area on our display ATV that I show to customers several times a week. The spot is about 3"x9" and is right on top of the fender. No one has noticed it yet.
    Here are a couple pictures of the stock that I am going to re-dip. The cheek piece side of the stock is the side that I am not happy with.

You can see blotchiness in all of the colors on this side. I think it's because I only masked the edge of the stock for dipping the first side and some of the slim was splashed onto the base color of this side. I didn't wipe it down with final prep before the dip, and maybe that had something to do with it. I'm open to suggestions.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Digital camos are a pain. Proper activation and don't let it stretch.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

Digital camos are a pain. Proper activation and don't let it stretch.

This...