Instagram is the No. 1 Growing Social Platform. What Aren’t You on It?

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe

Millions of customers are using Instagram to find and contact local companies. Learn why the photo-sharing app should be part of your social media marketing plan.

Instagram is one of the most popular and fastest-growing social media platforms, but many small business owners have been left behind.

The video- and photo-sharing app has 600 million monthly active users, and Instagram announced this week that it now has 1 million active advertisers. According to a Manta poll, however, only 24% of small business owners are using Instagram to market their business. The other three-quarters are missing an opportunity to reach more customers on the social platform.

“For small businesses, Instagram is an important platform because they are able to convey their message through imagery,” said Jason McClain, CEO of marketing agency McClain Concepts. “Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content, so small business owners working on tighter budgets get more results from their efforts.”

What kind of results? According to Forbes, more than 80% of Instagram users follow a business on the app, and in the past month, more than 120 million users have used Instagram business profiles to visit a website, get directions or contact a company.

Comments

• Dcerasoli123Dcerasoli123 Posts: 46Member
    staggering numbers when you think about it. i took a small business development class and we watched a video called the social media revolution... blew my mind. like i always say your either on the train or on the tracks!!! Thanks Jim @K2Concepts