Questions for DIY dip tank build — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for DIY dip tank build

bmxprojectbmxproject Posts: 279Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in DIY Tanks

I am putting together a dyi tank. 60x40x20 inches. Pool Pump, pvc but no heater. I am looking at inline water heaters. Also, being im Texas i doubt i will have to turn it on much about 8 months out of the year. But lets exclude that variable. 
What specs would be most desirable for that size tank?
I have looked on ebay and amazon. And i see inline heaters that woyld appear to work for  $100-$150. The descriptions say they are for large baths, spas and small pools. But ppl lie to sale their products all the time. Its not a professional grade tank, i am aware of that but I'd like to be able to keep up and control as many variables as possible so i can exclude outside forces when i make mistakes.
 Any idea on kilowatts and other important specs to go by? Is something like this in the pic adequate?  

Before you osha standard saftey guys (rightfully) chime in, yes i plan to have it professionally wired in.
 i did search for these answers and mostly found cattle heater convo. 

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,703Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That size will most likely work. Make sure you run some sort of filter system before that. Remember it's made for clean swimming pool water, not PVA film and inks, etc. getting into it.
  • bmxprojectbmxproject Posts: 279Member ✭✭
    That size will most likely work. Make sure you run some sort of filter system before that. Remember it's made for clean swimming pool water, not PVA film and inks, etc. getting into it.
    Dually noted. Thank you