Removing a Paint Run

MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
Someone posted this on a Facebook page, and if you're anything like me? This will save you from sanding through your clear trying to remove the run. Great info here.

Comments

• Archer0545Archer0545 Posts: 806Member ✭✭✭
    I love this idea. But I can't quite hear what he's saying.....is he saying "a fine filler" and what is that?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I'm guessing just a lightweight filler compound. Any body filler will work, but you want something that's going to be easy to sand. It's just to support your block so you're sanding evenly.
  • ETennHydrographicsETennHydrographics Posts: 39Member, Business Ninja
    this would have saved me so much headache this weekend
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good video
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Only problem I see for most people would be staying away from the flat above. Most guys get sloppy with the sandpaper and bump that edge, then eventually wear through there. I guess putting a few layers of tape on there would prevent that pretty easily. Good video, awesome idea.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WileECoyote , yea, I have problems with edges and corners. I tend to burn thru there whatever I'm sanding.
  • shredshred Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭
    I've done this before a few times it works
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great tip - try using the 3m 2 part glazing putty