K2Forums.com Harley Parts Demonstration Part 1 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

K2Forums.com Harley Parts Demonstration Part 1

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,116Administrator El Jefe

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,416Member ✭✭✭✭
    Great video jim is that the ani gun your using for activator?
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 738Member ✭✭✭
    Nice vid, Jim. I really like the technique videos. They really help.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,021Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. Really looking forward to seeing the faring dipped.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,116Administrator El Jefe
    looch said:

Great video jim is that the ani gun your using for activator?

@looch Yes it is a ANI with a 1.9 tip...
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 934Member ✭✭✭✭
    Great video I got some harley parts I'm blasting to dip so love these videos. Helps alot 
  • dgskidgski Posts: 39Member
    Great video good techniques
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 695Member ✭✭✭
    Nice vid Jim...
  • kasdorfkasdorf Posts: 45Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jim can't wait to see part 2 looking good so far.
    Thanks for doing the video but you are making it look too easy, the boss is going to ask why I couldn't have done that myself.
    Bill, Lincoln Skyways Interiors
    @kasdorf and just for the record? My clear is NOT going to look as nice as yours...I will give it my best try though...
  • kasdorfkasdorf Posts: 45Member ✭✭
    That's fine Jim.
    Maybe you can shoot some on a scrap of anything laying around or a speed shape and send it back with the parts then if the custome wants the higher end clear we use our painter can test ours over yours to be sure there is no bad reaction.
    Yea I can find something laying around...
  • royroy Posts: 79Member ✭✭
    Jim @K2Concepts I've been watching your videos forever and you're actually part of the reason I got in to the dipping business... I have been mostly doing harley parts and would love to see more videos on tanks.... 
    P.s still trying to figure out the forum etiquette lol so I may post out of order or on wrong topic but hell im more work skills than computer skills lol
    @roy No worries and thank you for the compliment...can not say we do a lot or Harley parts though...those guys are picky and contrary to popular belief? They are cheap bastards and usually do not want to pay for the work...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,429Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep. But the fact that they are willing to dump money at a name will tell you something about them (other than they have less money to spend after market). Simply being "The Best" at what you do means something to them, and they will pay a premium for that prestige as well. You just have to be able to back that up...
    Hey Jim@k2concepts I'm one of those cheap Harley bastards lol been riding since I could steal my dads old harley out of the garage I've been customizing Harley's for several years and wanted to take it up a notch so started dipping different pieces but not a Harley tank  yet just thought maybe you had... I've been getting help , supplies and just ordered 7ft tank from Jake @pahydrographics and cannot wait to get it up and going.... Jake's literally about 7 miles from me so that's a bonus 
  • pahydrographicspahydrographics Posts: 118Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Great to see you on here Roy!!!!
    WileEcoyote that is my goal to cater to the Harley crowd but obviously I'll dip a toilet seat or anything else that keeps the lights on.....I first started I'd painted several bikes a few cars and thought I had a leg up on the newbies because I knew my way around the painting side of things but you probably know how that went lol... as I mentioned jake@pahydrographics has helped me a great deal and I'd imagine we'll be doing a lot of running back and forth between our shops as I beg for help lol
    @pahydrographics I cannot wait to get that tank running lol 
    The latches were underactivated 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,429Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @roy try to get tired in with local dealerships, you can dip stock parts in patterns and display them there as ready to purchase. Leave your contact information and you would be surprised... But get ready for inner farings. People LOVE to get those modified... And they are a pain.
    @WileECoyote I'm currently connected with Erie pa harley and have done a few pieces for the guys that work there.... I was doing some engine builds for some customers there and they've put the word out and I'm hoping to really get rolling this winter when guys start putting their bikes in for the season...so far I've been practicing on everything I can get my hands on.. helmets iPad covers bolt on accessories for bikes you name it but I'm not quite ready for fairings inner or outer lol but I'll get there...I use ohw paint good quality films and cerakote clear.... activator is hydrovator and I'm going to switch to 2k clear.... I built a new garage and between engine builds and dipping hopefully I can stay busy this winter 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,402Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @roy Yeah for what you're doing? Absolutely ditch the Cerakote clear. It's not bad, but a good quality 2k urethane will treat you better for cheaper.
    @MidOhioHydrographics I'm definitely a rookie at the hydro end of this and I've made some expensive mistakes especially when it comes to materials..... I thought the cerakote would give an excellent protection as well as heat exchange but damn it is a little pricey lol but again jake @pahydrographics has given me some good advice so hopefully I'm on the right track now...... I still have so much to learn but damn do I love this field.... I was always told if you like what you do it's not work.....
    @MidOhioHydrographics I'd like to check out your shop and meet you sometime I'm in Girard Pa right across the line.... I've not had a chance to get any dipping done lately I've been working Day and night getting my new building up but once things get rolling it'd be nice to see how other guys do things
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,402Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Certainly! Just shoot me a message or text me 419-989-2290. We are currently in the shop M-F 7-5:30 dipping our lives away! :lol: But we will be on company shutdown the week of July 4th. Any other time is fine! I'll be spending more and more time over at my family's business starting after shutdown, but my head guy David can show you around.
    roy said:

I was always told if you like what you do it's not work.....

"THEY" lied... :rofl:
    @MidOhioHydrographics thanks will do as soon as I get this building up and going....