RBC's Rinse Station — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RBC's Rinse Station

r1dd1ck913r1dd1ck913 Posts: 44Member
Thought I would share my DIY Rinse Station. I ended up using the cheap shower heads from Home Depot like was suggested on here. So far it works great. 10 times better then using the garden hose every time. I am using a sump pump from Harbor freight. Seams to have plenty of Gph flow to run 8 shower heads. I have since added a shower liner to keep the water in and a finishing sprayer since the pictures.

Comments

• Fejery4491Fejery4491 Posts: 114Member ✭✭✭
    I like it. Simple but effective. I'll probably end up building one similar!
  • r1dd1ck913r1dd1ck913 Posts: 44Member
    Thanks. It does its job. I plan on adding a heater down the road to keep the water temp around 70 degrees F. But for now it works great.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,184Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    A heater on the rinse tank?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    No need to beat the water unless you just want it warm for your hands. Ours is usually around 40°
  • r1dd1ck913r1dd1ck913 Posts: 44Member
    I know I don't have to have a heater on there but I would just like to have a set temp for it. That way the rinse times stay the same.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    smedlin said:

A heater on the rinse tank?

The warmer the water is? The faster the rinse...BUT we advise that you never have the rinse tank warmer than the dipping tank or you stand the chance of burning the film or the paint...