Bought a used Liquid Print LP-3DT-25 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought a used Liquid Print LP-3DT-25

irishpete86c4irishpete86c4 Posts: 142Member ✭✭✭
Anyone else have one of these? If so I would like to pick your brain about a couple things. Also wondering if there is a spec sheet / manual out there. I cant find anything online about that model number. I emailed LP and am waiting for a reply.
Thanks!

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,707Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    LP doesn't have much good paperwork/documentation on heir tanks. My automation guy fought w them trying to get the model of the PLC in the control box and they wouldn't help. And I bought the tank directly from them.

What questions do you have?
  • BluewaterBluewater Posts: 44Member
    I actually have a 7' tank from LP. Not sure what the part number is. My problem that Im having is the pump barely
    circulates the water to the one end. The water just barely runs across the top of the dipping side. Takes me forever
    to flush the tank before next dip. Does anyone know if I can put in a newer pump? SOmething better? Maybe this
    one is tired...lol. And no, my intake filter is not plugged. the screen is clean at the intake.

Good thing I have my smaller tank to use daily, cause that pump on the large tank sucks.

Any ideas..... I know Jim commented once that he knew of a good replacement pump.

Thanks...
  • irishpete86c4irishpete86c4 Posts: 142Member ✭✭✭
    The relay / switch for the pump inside the control box in the up position runs the pump but it is on constantly. If I put the switch down the pump does not work at all. The control buttons seem to have no control over the pump... The only way to turn it on is the switch in the picture.
    edited March 2017
    Have you adjusted the dial on the front of the pump? I can set mine to either way slow or turbo fast lol. ADDED: I did take the pump apart and cleaned the hell out of it with a wire brush and some pb blaster before I started it up. Lots of junk in it.
    Bluewater said:

I actually have a 7' tank from LP. Not sure what the part number is. My problem that Im having is the pump barely
    circulates the water to the one end. The water just barely runs across the top of the dipping side. Takes me forever
    to flush the tank before next dip. Does anyone know if I can put in a newer pump? SOmething better? Maybe this
    one is tired...lol. And no, my intake filter is not plugged. the screen is clean at the intake.

Good thing I have my smaller tank to use daily, cause that pump on the large tank sucks.

Any ideas..... I know Jim commented once that he knew of a good replacement pump.

Thanks...

Post edited by irishpete86c4 on
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,476Administrator El Jefe
    Centrifugal pump from Flotec...3/4 hp is the most popular one...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,707Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Yeah the original pump from my tank got replaced quite quickly. It was horribly undersized. I'm in process of upgrading my entire tank. I've had to do so much upgrading/changing of the LP equipment I bought. Turned me off of their equipment. I'm buying a PA hydro tank very soon. Just upgraded my control panel this weekend. Was at the shop from 9pm to 4am last night and back in at 9 again today. May be selling the tank, but you'd need the guts. Would make a great DIY project. I will just need it gone! LOL.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,148Member ✭✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics what is the size of that one that you might be getting rid of soon
    Their MDT-27 I believe is the model. 88" x 1m wide dipping area.
    Hello Jack.
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,657Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics if you get rid of the tank I might be interested in it
    We are going to run a bit w it once the new control box is running. I need to see what the cost is going to be to upgrade my soray system. I need everything 4' longer. Including a linear bearing profile rail which could be $$$. Have to see if the cost is worth the eventual ROI.

Remember it's going to be gutted, so just the shell. You'll need control box and everything but it's a perfect start for a DIY project.
    If some of the old control panel parts are operational would you consider selling them?

If some of the old control panel parts are operational would you consider selling them?

No I'm going to hang onto it for the components. Between my shop and my dads machine shop it's handy to have the parts around.
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,657Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    that is fine all I want is the shell
    I emailed liquid print early last week and this is my answer so far https://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg
    edited March 2017

I emailed liquid print early last week and this is my answer so far https://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

LOL yep... never been 100% satisfied with their equipment support either.

They have good paint (Aqualac relabeled) and their films are just fine from my experience. Their equipment? Questionable. Everything comes from overseas. And at one point (Jim's tank for example) they were made quite well. Mine has never been up to my standards. I just didn't know any better from the beginning. The conveyor washer? Just fine. We love it. I would have done a few things different... overall I'm about 80% happy with it. The dip arm? Bearings were grossly undersized for the mass of that thing. I rebuilt it a couple times, and finally just built my own.

Now I'm having Jake build me one of his w a few personalizations. I'm stoked.
    I wish it had more than one heating element. It only has 1 in the scavenge side... slow.

I wish it had more than one heating element. It only has 1 in the scavenge side... slow.

Same as mine. But I just leave it on w a small circulating pump.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,140Member, Moderator El Moderator

Is it insulated? My tank heated up a lot faster after I insulated it. At least get a sheet of styrofoam insulation and cover the top. All that moving water sheds a lot of heat across the surface.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,190Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    NotSoFast said:

Is it insulated? My tank heated up a lot faster after I insulated it. At least get a sheet of styrofoam insulation and cover the top. All that moving water sheds a lot of heat across the surface.
    How did you insulate your tank?

Got a picture of it?
    NotSoFast said:

Got that at lowes today.

LP doesn't have much good paperwork/documentation on heir tanks. My automation guy fought w them trying to get the model of the PLC in the control box and they wouldn't help. And I bought the tank directly from them.

What questions do you have?

Do you know the model # / Make of the temp controller?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,673Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @smedlin just wrap every surface with rigid foam. Everywhere that you have exposed metal with water on one side loses heat, you just gotta slow that down.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,465Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the rigid insulation helped retain heat and it heats up alt quicker on my tank
    Here is the owners manual they sent me today.
    Yep. Same one I got 5 years ago.
    edited March 2017
    @MidOhioHydrographics Is there a compatible thermostat I can go to a store and buy to replace the "TAIE FY400-101000" ?
    Post edited by irishpete86c4 on

@smedlin just wrap every surface with rigid foam. Everywhere that you have exposed metal with water on one side loses heat, you just gotta slow that down.

I covered the top but didn't think of the sides. Will do that today. Thanks!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,673Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @irishpete86c4 Don't forget underneath.
    It is 8' x 4' so 4 more sheets lol. Didn't think of the bottom either... dur da dur..