Aerosol VS HVLP gun applications. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerosol VS HVLP gun applications.

is the only reason for using aerosol as opposed to firing up the compressor and guns for volume of production and cost minimization if your small time or preference? i purchased a couple aerosol paints,primers and activator but only for testing purposes. Just wondering how you all felt about it.

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,673Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spray cans are good for small jobs but not recommended for activator 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,166Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If you are looking for consistent, reliable results... aerosol is not going to do the trick.
  • Dcerasoli123Dcerasoli123 Posts: 46Member
    ok cool. thank you guys. Hey are any of you on the west coast?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Jim @K2Concepts is and so is @LiquidDreams I believe.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,084Administrator El Jefe
    @Dcerasoli123 Yes we are on the west coast...and like @WileECoyote mentioned, production doesn't have anything to do with it having the proper tools or not...you want professional results? Then you want professional tools...period...
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,192Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Aerosol paints specifically made for this process perform the same as the equivalent products in quart cans. Activator is another story. Aerosols simply don't atomize properly to get consistently good results.

If you don't have time or can't afford to "fire up the compressor", then this might not be the business for you.
  • LiquidDreamsLiquidDreams Posts: 250Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I'm about 25 miles south of Jim @K2Concepts. Aerosols are bad Mmm Kay 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,084Administrator El Jefe
    @LiquidDreams Well...aerosols that are store bought...not necessarily aerosols in general...however, most underactivation problems I see on the forum usually start with aerosol activator...and then go downhill from there...same with lifting paint...