My DIY hobby tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My DIY hobby tank

versthedestroyerversthedestroyer Posts: 5Member
hey guys so i been using just a small bin to dip small things and im finally getting around to building a bigger better functioning tank. I scored this brand new spa tub with working motor for 30 bucks i just need to plug alot of holes but heres what i got so far

Comments

• versthedestroyerversthedestroyer Posts: 5Member
    Does anyone know how i can wire up the pump to a toggle switch so i can turn it on once im rather than just having to plug it in everytime.

Also any ideas on how to build the film catch trag im still thinking of how to do it
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Is the pump 110v or 220v? Edit: or is that the pump in the first pic? The "Air Blower" label threw me.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Yeah that's just a thing to create bubbles coming up through the small holes in the bottom. Don't think it's a pump.
  • versthedestroyerversthedestroyer Posts: 5Member
    Damn and i figured that much when i plugged it in the othee day time to source one out.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If you are unsure how to wire a switch, how do you think you are qualified to wire a tank of water that you are going to stick your hand into? You mistook a device that says "MAX AIR BLOWER" for a pump. PLEASE DO NOT touch the electrical on this thing, you are not qualified.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe