Another Sales Booster Idea, Revenue Stream.... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Sales Booster Idea, Revenue Stream....

studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,890Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
Another Sales Booster Idea, Revenue Stream....

Here's an idea worth thousands in profit for you guys.... It seems everybody buys yearbooks, why not sell your local schools YEAR CUPS... Think of the potential... You could even have the school kids design them for you. If you're interested, I'll send you a design template to help designer(s) layout the patterns for you.

YEARBOOK YETI CUPS

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,604Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    OMG

i told my wife to join here also, since she will be dipping as well (we have training in 2 weeks)

This thread.. yea..
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 93Member
    edited March 2017
    How would the design template work with a phone?

iPhone or Android

and iPad
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,890Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok... @dirtbagdav Let me clarify what I mean by "template"... The layout picture below should explain.

• mountain_mikemountain_mike Posts: 800Member ✭✭✭
    @studebaker i was thinking of some personal type themes also. I think the footprints taken from newborn babies would be a great idea also.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,079Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited March 2017

@studebaker i was thinking of some personal type themes also. I think the footprints taken from newborn babies would be a great idea also.

Brilliant. New parents are perfect customer base for these ideas. For their first kid. Second? Maybe... Third kid? That's just a spare in case the other two don't make it. :lol:

Just a joke my parents and I throw around because we are so lenient w our 3rd daughter. By now if we hear crying we don't usually get up to go check. If it's serious the other two will let us know. No excessive blood? You're fine. Stop whining. Get your butt up and go play. I'm not raising sissy girls.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,604Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    The wife said, would also be good for wedding pictures, and stuff like Grandma-grandkids pictures.

She's good with that artsy-fartsy type stuff.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    New parents are not good customers for anything, unless you are giving away money or sleep. New GRANDPARENTS, aunts and uncles buy so much crap for the new little bundle of joy that it nearly buries that house
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,944Administrator El Jefe
    Well, yes and no...my wife's parents don't even know the kids exist...not sure if they even bought picture frames for the pictures we send them... :lol:

My mom is the same way...I think she uses my kids photo's to balance that wobbly end table everyone seems to have in their house...
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,507Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bad thing is walmart where I live do photo cups for $12 a tumbler so prolly be hard to get customers to pay the normal $40-$50 a tumber

Bad thing is walmart where I live do photo cups for $12 a tumbler so prolly be hard to get customers to pay the normal $40-$50 a tumber

Ohh...and there goes the business plan...
    Nope.... Mug's sit on Gramma's shelf, Tumblers get taken to restaurants....
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,634Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea @studebaker my wife just told me she is pregnant 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,012Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Congratulations @looch!
    @looch You have my Congratulations and Condolences....
    @looch You have my Congratulations and Condolences....
    This...
    Congrats @looch
    Here are the tumblers from walmart. This one only has a couple pics but they will cover the whole thing if u want 
  • Totally_dippedTotally_dipped Posts: 37Member ✭✭
    Brilliant. New parents are perfect customer base for these ideas. For their first kid. Second? Maybe... Third kid? That's just a spare in case the other two don't make it. :lol: Just a joke my parents and I throw around because we are so lenient w our 3rd daughter. By now if we hear crying we don't usually get up to go check. If it's serious the other two will let us know. No excessive blood? You're fine. Stop whining. Get your butt up and go play. I'm not raising sissy girls.
    This made my day

Here are the tumblers from walmart. This one only has a couple pics but they will cover the whole thing if u want 

That's pretty pathetic of a covering...I think that you could make the argument for the increased price in less than a second...

Business plan back on track...
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,634Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys i need to start drinking more activator to make sure i dont have a 3rd kid lol
    Thank you @DeviousDips For posting that picture of a dye sub tumbler. That helps our imaginations a lot!

Here's a video of the process.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 854Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Congrats @looch
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 854Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @DeviousDips that glass looks like it's worth 12 bucks, and certainly not an RTIC or yeti, not to mention, what Allen @studebaker could put to film, that's for sure....it's all in how you market them a treasure put on a nice cup will sell, especially a new born or special event.
  • wolfdog0729wolfdog0729 Posts: 205Member ✭✭✭
    I agree. It's totally worth trying. That Wal-Mart cup looks cheap and not covered at all. 
  • esoutfittersesoutfitters Posts: 283Member ✭✭✭
    @studebaker how would you sell them? 
    @esoutfitters I think you're asking about selling the yearbook cups....

The organization in schools that's always doing the fundraising. Such as the PTO/PTA, the athletic coaching staff and the Band Masters. They are ALWAYS looking for a way to raise funds for field trips and championship meetings. And since the parents are the captive audience for their fundraising activities, what better way to appeal to them than to put their progeny's picture on a YETI for eternal posterity and to elicit ohhh's and ahhh's from the friends and family of said yearbook cup owner!
    @studebaker I meant how would you sell the films sorry I should have put that in there. 
    @esoutfitters I apologize for my lack of brain matter... I still don't know what you are asking. Sell the films? Yes, I sell custom printed film... But I suspect that's not exactly the answer you're looking for. Would you clarify the question a little bit more?
    @studebaker Well if I ordered a custom print for the yeti cups for example the Mahi tuna and wahoo print it is $50 for that film. I would get like twelve of that one print.  So it would be hard to sell twelve of the same cups.   Would you be able to break it up so we could get multiple designs on one order. 
    @esoutfitters You can use the coupon code K2FORUM40 for a 40% discount off that retail price on the website. One M² of film yields nine YETI cup sized images. And yes, I will split one M​² between two different patterns!