BLUE PRINT done in paint

RAIFRAIF Posts: 6Member
hey guys ... iam going to make a tank using PP polypropelyne...
before that i just thought of making a plan thats how came upto this =) ... if there is any suggestions or modifications needed in the tank please free to drop here .. as iam going to spend some money on it ...
thanks in advance :)

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looks correct. But real life is a lot more difficult than paint. LOL. You're going to need a lot of reinforcement on the sides of the tank if you're using Polypropylene.
  • dipdemondipdemon Posts: 109Member ✭✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics

Agreed. 1 liter of water weight 1kg. You tank volume will be 175 cubic feet. That is approximately 5000 liters of volume. 1 liter of water weighs 1Kg. So you are looking at 5000kg or 11023lbs. You will have tremendous force pushing against the sides of the tank. I would definitely engineer your tank with that in mind. Obviously, make sure the floor that the tank will go on can also support this as well.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    Have someone draw it up in SolidWorks first so you can have a stress analysis done...you will probably not build it after you see the results...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,403Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The reinforcements you would need to do making that thing out of PP... Its gonna look like its done in metal anyway.
  • RAIFRAIF Posts: 6Member
    thank you guys for spending ur tim e. :)
    i have modified the size into 10*4*2.5 feet .. w
    WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS ONCE THE TANK IS FINISHED .