Waterproofing my tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waterproofing my tank

a1customsa1customs Posts: 4Member
.... I know silicon is a big No-No !!!!.....i just started a tank ... I'm using a tanks on a pallet with a aluminum cage.... I've seen a few of them on here done and I found this tank for free... but back to my question I know I'll have to end up water tighten it a few places like around the dain and things like that... I definitely don't want to use silicone anyplace paint will end up being  ... is there a certain epoxy or something that is the best to use on these tanks..... watertight any holes that I end up having to make in the tank ..... thanks for the help guys

Comments

• NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,138Member, Moderator El Moderator
    There are non-silicone caulks...
  • airtimegrafixairtimegrafix Posts: 2,086Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the name of the stuff but they use it in horse water trough's
    but to b honest I used silicone calking in my tank and I haven't had one issue!!! I just let it dry for a few days!! but maybe I'm the lucky one!!
  • schidroschidro Posts: 315Member ✭✭✭
    When I had my tank built they "cut" a rough opening for my elements. Rough is being generous. I patched with a square & used silicone to seal it. But it was definitely cured for a few weeks out of the room & before water ever touched it. If I knew then what I do now I'd have used something else just to eliminate one more variable. Because God knows there aren't enough as it is.
    now I'm sure I'm gona get some flame for this but!!! I don't see any issue with using it! like I said ive dipped so many things and haven't had one issue!
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    I use it on my booths and have always used it...as long as you let it cure out? You will be fine...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,666Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep, Cure time is the key. Just don't bring it inside your shop to cure.
  • Fejery4491Fejery4491 Posts: 114Member ✭✭✭
    Lexel works well and won't break done when it's submerged like alot of other sealants do. Just make sure to wear gloves, sticks to everything and it's nasty!