Dipbite review — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dipbite review

dkhaglerdkhagler Posts: 95Member
Since I looked the internet up and down to find reviews and couldn't find much, I figured that I would start one of my own for anyone interested in dipbite for future reference. Going to be a few weeks before I'm setup to spray but I will update as I do.

Customer support emailed late on 02/06/17
email response received on morning of 02/07/16

Order placed for three cans of paint and some film on the night of 02/07/17.
Fedex tracking received on 02/08/17.

Comments

• baconbacon Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I ordered a quart of white that arrived today. I don't know my **badword** from a hole in the ground but I'll give some feedback after I spray it. Probably this weekend.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I did use it while at @k2motorsports shop a few weeks ago and it performed pretty well for an aerosol
  • k2motorsportsk2motorsports Posts: 58Member
    @WileECoyote we also used the quart of dipbite, that's what I had in the gun
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Awesome, that stuff worked great. sprayed out nice and smooth and actually covered better than I expected for a solvent based paint. I typically use waterbased which will cover better, but it went on thick and dried fast.
  • PowderRiverHydroPowderRiverHydro Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    We had a little hiccup with our order that was taken care of fairly rapidly. Customer service was pretty good, I dont like the fact that there is no phone number. As far as the paint goes, we thought it acted almost identical as OHW with the exception, it cant be layed on as thick. Overall, pretty good stuff.
  • baconbacon Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    It seems to spray well out of my mini 1.0mm gun. Laid down flat and dried quick.
    What should I be using to clean my spray gun? 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    bacon said:

It seems to spray well out of my mini 1.0mm gun. Laid down flat and dried quick.
    What should I be using to clean my spray gun? 

If it's solvent, find an auto paint supply shop and ask for the cheapest gun cleaning thinner they have. Buy in 5 gallons. Remember to get it as cheap as possible since you're just throwing it away. I give under $40 for 5 gallons locally.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    And acetone doesn't have to be tracked. It's VOC exempt. Always a good option.
  • dipdemondipdemon Posts: 109Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the positive feedback!

@MidOhioHydrographics is correct, acetone is good choice. We typically use lacquer thinner because it's what we have on hand. However, acteone is much less volatile and as mentioned, is listed as VOC exempt by the EPA.
  • dkhaglerdkhagler Posts: 95Member
    Finally got around to spraying some paint out of a gun.
    No issues with the aerosols or the cans. Both worked great!
    Both seem to cover well.

Here is a finished cup that I used it on.